Changing Extended Desktop

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

edkopel

Changing Extended Desktop
How can I change the direction of the extension for my extended desktop? I
am using a laptop and an external monitor. The desktop is now extended to
the right side, but I would like to change it to extend to the left side.
The option was first presented on the initial attachment of the monitor, but
I cannot find an option to change it now.

Jonpolygon is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Changing Extended Desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkopel View Post
How can I change the direction of the extension for my extended desktop? I
am using a laptop and an external monitor. The desktop is now extended to
the right side, but I would like to change it to extend to the left side.
The option was first presented on the initial attachment of the monitor, but
I cannot find an option to change it now.
Right click on your desktop and select Personalize then click display settings.
On the display settings window you should be able to see your monitors listed (1,2 or 2,1).
Click on the right monitor icon and drag that to the left or alternatively click the left monitor and drag right. This will change which side your monitor extends to. Hit apply and voila!
noelle

Re: Changing Extended Desktop
I have the same problem but, I have figured out to change the side of the
extended screen but not how to store that as default, every time I restart my
computer the screen orientation switches back to whatever default windows has
set. Any idea on how to set the default?