Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

cvcctome

Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"
I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.

When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have
not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up tool.
The clean up removed all of his data files.

Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run the
utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased, and
that they have had to re-install Vista!

Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to be
a major bug with Vista!
marty

RE: Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"
hi , i regularly delete these files ,i posted a thread a few days ago about
which temp files to delete and i was advised to delete them i did so to no
ill effects
--
martyb

"cvcctome" wrote:

> I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
>
> When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
> searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
> USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have
> not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
> what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
> similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up tool.
> The clean up removed all of his data files.
>
> Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run the
> utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased, and
> that they have had to re-install Vista!
>
> Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to be
> a major bug with Vista!

Mick Murphy

RE: Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"
The slighest problem, and it is a MAJOR bug with Vista, lol.
And there wasn't even a problem!

"cvcctome" wrote:

> I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
>
> When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
> searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
> USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have
> not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
> what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
> similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up tool.
> The clean up removed all of his data files.
>
> Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run the
> utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased, and
> that they have had to re-install Vista!
>
> Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to be
> a major bug with Vista!

DP

"cvcctome" <cvcctome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
>
> When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
> searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
> USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> have
> not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
> what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
> similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> tool.
> The clean up removed all of his data files.
>
> Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> the
> utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> and
> that they have had to re-install Vista!
>
> Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to
> be
> a major bug with Vista!

What exactly is your "problem"? You haven't deleted these files yet, so you
haven't lost anything. So what's the problem?

Shub

cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
>
> When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> program
> searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> "PER
> USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> have
> not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> out
> what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> tool.
> The clean up removed all of his data files.
>
> Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> the
> utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> and
> that they have had to re-install Vista!
>
> Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> to be
> a major bug with Vista!

After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!

Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches

There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
Folder string.
Now, lets get to fixing it.

If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key

Right click - New - Expandable String Value.

Call it Folder and use the following entry:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportArchive

If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key

use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportQueue

If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key

use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArch ive

and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key

use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueu e

This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]

- Shub

--
Shub
mufatrastic

Shub;3200644 Wrote:
> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!)

> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to

> find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that

> lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean

> up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading

> other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have

> run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been

> erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it

> appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArch ive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files "
> key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueu e
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

WOW man, this helped me so much..... Disk cleanup was reporting 275GB
for two of these reports (each 275GB), and I have 120 total (well
windows is 70, the rest is for sabayon). Just watch out for those
spaces in the first two folder paths (it will work even if there are
spaces, but it won't get scanned).
Anyway I was looking around and I saw that I don't have folder key for
System error minidump files - and I noticed that cleanup hangs a bit
longer on this one. Do u know where these are located (that is what
path I should put). Thank you so much for this discovery )))))

--
mufatrastic
mufatrastic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=38538

http://forums.techarena.in

julesdavid

Re: Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"
Thanks very much shub
I Had all the problems of the other posts causing hours of reinstalling
windows etc.
On what you recommended It worked straight away and my computer is so much
better now.
I cannot understand why Microsoft have not put this severe bug right as I
only installed my Vista in JAN 08.
Great Post Shub

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArch ive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueu e
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

electriclott

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArch ive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueu e
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

electriclott

Re: Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"
I had this same problem....and yes when i selected these files to be be
deleted it ereased all my files........the fix that you provided did
work...however every time i run my registry cleaner the problem occurs
again...i think my reg cleaner (NETCOM 3)is deleting the strings...i should
be able to ignore these files for deletion next time. It is curious why
this all of a sudden happened...I have been running vista now for over a year
and never had this problem...then all of a sudden it appeared about a week
ago...I wounder if it somehow happened with a windows update. Any way I will
update this post to let you know if it is my reg cleaner that is deleting the
strings.......whatever you do dont select those files to be deleted in disk
clean up...I had to reinstall vista...it ereased everything

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArch ive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueu e
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"
Yup. Exclude the Volume Caches location when using the so called "registry cleaners". Or even better, don't use registry cleaners at all :-) IMHO, they breaks things more than what they fix.

Serious Disk Cleanup problem caused by broken registration | The Winhelponline.com Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/se...-registration/

--
Regards,