Cannot see any drive letter when I connect my camera

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Gudmund Liebach Nielsen

Cannot see any drive letter when I connect my camera
When I connect my camera (USB) I hear a sound but there is no drive letter
for the camera so I cannot retrieve my photos. When I disconnect the camera
I hear the sound again. Any suggestions?

Dwarf

RE: Cannot see any drive letter when I connect my camera
Hi Gudmund,

You might need to check your settings on your camera. Check the instruction
manual for details on how to do this. You might also need to install an
update on your PC. Alternatively, if you have a card reader on your machine
and your camera uses SD memory cards (or equivalent), you might like to see
if you can access your photos by plugging your memory card directly in to the
reader. This is actually the best way to do it if you have a lot of photos to
transfer as it will save the batteries in your camera. If you don't have a
card reader, they can be obtained from most computer hardware shops
relatively cheaply. Most card readers will read from (and write to) several
types of memory device. For each physical memory card slot on your reader
there should be a drive in Computer starting at the next available drive
letter.
Dwarf

"Gudmund Liebach Nielsen" wrote:

> When I connect my camera (USB) I hear a sound but there is no drive letter
> for the camera so I cannot retrieve my photos. When I disconnect the camera
> I hear the sound again. Any suggestions?

Gudmund Liebach Nielsen

Re: Cannot see any drive letter when I connect my camera
Hi Dwarf,

Yes it works! I took out the card from the camera and I can read it. Thank
you! Problem solved.