Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Dell Boy

Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to explore a Complete PC Backup (as you
can a Ghost Image) and retrieve individual files and folders?
Brian W

Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup

"Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to explore a Complete PC Backup (as
> you
> can a Ghost Image) and retrieve individual files and folders?

It's a .vhd file, if you had some way to mount that it might be possible.
Maybe Vitrual PC will allow you to do it?

Huib

Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
Hi,
Yes it is possible...
Regards
Huib

"Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@newsgroup.nospam> schreef in bericht
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to explore a Complete PC Backup (as
> you
> can a Ghost Image) and retrieve individual files and folders?

Dell Boy

Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
Huib, thanks for your reply, could you tell me how?

"Huib" wrote:

> Hi,
> Yes it is possible...
> Regards
> Huib
>
> "Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@newsgroup.nospam> schreef in bericht
> > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to explore a Complete PC Backup (as
> > you
> > can a Ghost Image) and retrieve individual files and folders?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
Hello Huib,

Can you share your experience with us here?

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: "Huib" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
| Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:16:22 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi,
| Yes it is possible...
| Regards
| Huib
|
| "Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@newsgroup.nospam> schreef in bericht
| > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to explore a Complete PC Backup
(as
| > you
| > can a Ghost Image) and retrieve individual files and folders?

Eduardo Laureano [MSFT]

Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
You can mount the backup VHDs and then extract files from it. Some more
details are available on this article:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...p/default.aspx

Eduardo

"Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to explore a Complete PC Backup (as
> you
> can a Ghost Image) and retrieve individual files and folders?

Dell Boy

Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
Thanks you Ken & Eduardo for replying and especially Eduardo for your input,
the document you've pointed to will enable me to plan my Vista backup
strategies and answers this post.

"Eduardo Laureano [MSFT]" wrote:

> You can mount the backup VHDs and then extract files from it. Some more
> details are available on this article:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...p/default.aspx
>

> Eduardo
>

> "Dell Boy" <Dell Boy@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to explore a Complete PC Backup (as
> > you
> > can a Ghost Image) and retrieve individual files and folders?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
Thanks Eduardo's great information sharing.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell Boy@newsgroup.nospam>
| Subject: Re: Possible To Retrieve Data Files From A Complete PC Backup
| Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:10:17 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Thanks you Ken & Eduardo for replying and especially Eduardo for your
input,
| the document you've pointed to will enable me to plan my Vista backup
| strategies and answers this post.
|

| "Eduardo Laureano [MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > You can mount the backup VHDs and then extract files from it. Some more
| > details are available on this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...kup/default.as
px