USB Mouse - HID Compliant Mouse

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

SteveB_0001

USB Mouse - HID Compliant Mouse
I have a Vista compatible USB Mourse - Model # AMU0503US - Targus Mini
Kaleidoscope Optical Retractable Mouse - Vista Ready.....

This mouse worked out of the box when I plugged it into the right side port
of my HP Laptop.... the MS HID-compliant mouse driver correctly appeared
under Mice and other pointing devices in the Device Manager....

NOTE: This HP Laptop comes with a Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad, which seems
to always work correctly...

When I plug the USB HID compliant mouse into the left side port (same USB
HUB), Vista does Not recognize it as a HID Compliant mouse and places it
under "Other devices" as a "USB MOUSE" with an exclamation point next to
it....

When I reinstall the driver for the USB MOUSE, I have Vista search my
C:\windows\ directory for a driver. It returns the following message:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
while attempting to install it.

USB Human Interface Device

The system cannot find the file specified."

NOTE: Based on recommendations in other posts, I have renamed the INFCACHE
file in the inf drectory under Windows, which seems to have...

At one point I had the USB Mouse working on both sides of the computer after
uninstalling the HID driver and reinstalling it, but lost this recipe after I
had to go back to a previous restore point..... I also managed to reverse it
so the HID mouse worked on the left side but NOT the right side... go
figure...

Any ideas on why Vista cannot correctly recognize the USB HID mouse on both
sides of the computer on the same USB HUB?

Spirit

Re: USB Mouse - HID Compliant Mouse
What other if any USB devices are you running? Could it be the limited power
available is either used up or the laptop does not provide its normal amount
of USB power. Try using a powered hub. Also some computers with more
than 4 USB ports have some powered and some not powered.... this may
not be the case with your laptop.

"SteveB_0001" <SteveB0001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Vista compatible USB Mourse - Model # AMU0503US - Targus Mini
> Kaleidoscope Optical Retractable Mouse - Vista Ready.....
>
> This mouse worked out of the box when I plugged it into the right side
> port
> of my HP Laptop.... the MS HID-compliant mouse driver correctly appeared
> under Mice and other pointing devices in the Device Manager....
>
> NOTE: This HP Laptop comes with a Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad, which
> seems
> to always work correctly...
>
> When I plug the USB HID compliant mouse into the left side port (same USB
> HUB), Vista does Not recognize it as a HID Compliant mouse and places it
> under "Other devices" as a "USB MOUSE" with an exclamation point next to
> it....
>
> When I reinstall the driver for the USB MOUSE, I have Vista search my
> C:\windows\ directory for a driver. It returns the following message:
>
> "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
> while attempting to install it.
>
> USB Human Interface Device
>
> The system cannot find the file specified."
>
> NOTE: Based on recommendations in other posts, I have renamed the INFCACHE
> file in the inf drectory under Windows, which seems to have...
>
> At one point I had the USB Mouse working on both sides of the computer
> after
> uninstalling the HID driver and reinstalling it, but lost this recipe
> after I
> had to go back to a previous restore point..... I also managed to reverse
> it
> so the HID mouse worked on the left side but NOT the right side... go
> figure...
>
> Any ideas on why Vista cannot correctly recognize the USB HID mouse on
> both
> sides of the computer on the same USB HUB?

Aldridge

Re: USB Mouse - HID Compliant Mouse

Look here i found this solution. may be this can help you.
http://forums.techarena.in/portable-devices/1125053.htm

--
Aldridge
Aldridge's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/aldridge.htm