How to stop searchprotocolhost running?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Andy

How to stop searchprotocolhost running?
Hi these files running in the background are driving me nuts:

searchfilterhost.exe
searchprotocolhost.exe
searchindexer.exe

How can I easily disable them and stop them from running in the
background? - I have tried end tasking them but they carry on my hard disk
is clattering away whilst these are running.
Thanks.

Andy.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: How to stop searchprotocolhost running?
Andy

Shawn has an excellent tutorial on disabling the search indexing on the
following website.

Disable the search indexing
http://tinyurl.com/2l6haq

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Andy" <andy@indigo.ie> wrote in message
> Hi these files running in the background are driving me nuts:
>
> searchfilterhost.exe
> searchprotocolhost.exe
> searchindexer.exe
>
> How can I easily disable them and stop them from running in the
> background? - I have tried end tasking them but they carry on my hard disk
> is clattering away whilst these are running.
> Thanks.
>
> Andy.

Andy

Re: How to stop searchprotocolhost running?
Thanks for the link worked a treat I now have a quieter and better running
computer - that was a memory hog and I don't mind having slow searches.

Andy.

> Andy
>
> Shawn has an excellent tutorial on disabling the search indexing on the
> following website.
>
> Disable the search indexing
> http://tinyurl.com/2l6haq
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Andy" <andy@indigo.ie> wrote in message
>> Hi these files running in the background are driving me nuts:
>>
>> searchfilterhost.exe
>> searchprotocolhost.exe
>> searchindexer.exe
>>
>> How can I easily disable them and stop them from running in the
>> background? - I have tried end tasking them but they carry on my hard
>> disk is clattering away whilst these are running.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Andy.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: How to stop searchprotocolhost running?
Andy

Your welcome.

--

> Thanks for the link worked a treat I now have a quieter and better running
> computer - that was a memory hog and I don't mind having slow searches.
>
> Andy.

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in message
>> Andy
>>
>> Shawn has an excellent tutorial on disabling the search indexing on the
>> following website.
>>
>> Disable the search indexing
>> http://tinyurl.com/2l6haq
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Andy" <andy@indigo.ie> wrote in message
>>> Hi these files running in the background are driving me nuts:
>>>
>>> searchfilterhost.exe
>>> searchprotocolhost.exe
>>> searchindexer.exe
>>>
>>> How can I easily disable them and stop them from running in the
>>> background? - I have tried end tasking them but they carry on my hard
>>> disk is clattering away whilst these are running.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Andy.

XweAponX

Re: How to stop searchprotocolhost running?

Thanx "Ronny", that is the first time an MVP posted a direct, helpful
solution to a problem.

All the techs at MSDN and TechNet seem to not want to post a direct
solution to problems like this, seems to be the MS policy: "Jag Off the
users and never give them the real easy answer"

I was reading about SearchFilterHost eating up to 90% of resources, and
not ONE MVP posted this Real Easy Solution.. So I X-posted these 2
topics to there.

Seems that solutions cannot be directly posted there: "Ronny" had to
post a LINK to the solutuon HERE. Tell me it ain't so?

This is about the same thing as Bill Gates looking for his "Movie
Maker" Program download using the search engine at MS Downloads->Using
the Links provided by MS, he found:

1) Not ONE link to the installer package he needed
2) A series of links that installed about 30 MG of crap on to his PC
which he dd not need and caused his PC to get screwed up
3) Not ONE link to any Actual usable installers.

So, I am not suprised by any of this, it seems to be Standard Op
Procedure for MS Reps to never give solutions in MS Tech BBSs.

--
XweAponX
XweAponX's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=49532

http://forums.techarena.in