Open FTP in Windows Explorer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Richard

Open FTP in Windows Explorer
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to open FTP site in
Windows Explorer like I use to do on Windows XP. I do not want to open it in
Internet Explorer just Windows Explorer. I have been able to open in IE7 and
then switch to Windows Explorer but I want to cut out the IE7 step.
Dave Cox

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer
=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?= <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in news:B0C587C4-8A20-4852-B043-DD9D21285AAB@microsoft.com:

> I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to open FTP
> site in Windows Explorer like I use to do on Windows XP. I do not
> want to open it in Internet Explorer just Windows Explorer. I
> have been able to open in IE7 and then switch to Windows Explorer
> but I want to cut out the IE7 step.

Right Click anywhere in the right pane of Windows Explorer and select
"Add Network Location" then follow the wizard.

It will guide you through setting up the FTP client.

--
The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is at the
end of its life cycle.

Dave
Richard

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer
When I Right-Click in the righht pane in windows Explorer that option does
not appear. Is there another way to get to this particular Wizard? I have
tried to access the Wirard from Network and Sharing Center but cannot find
the right option.

"Dave Cox" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?= <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in news:B0C587C4-8A20-4852-B043-DD9D21285AAB@microsoft.com:
>
> > I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to open FTP
> > site in Windows Explorer like I use to do on Windows XP. I do not
> > want to open it in Internet Explorer just Windows Explorer. I
> > have been able to open in IE7 and then switch to Windows Explorer
> > but I want to cut out the IE7 step.
> >

> Right Click anywhere in the right pane of Windows Explorer and select
> "Add Network Location" then follow the wizard.
>
> It will guide you through setting up the FTP client.
>
> --
> The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is at the
> end of its life cycle.
>
> Dave

Dave

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer
Open "Computer"
right-click on the right pane...
Add Network Location.

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in

> Open "Computer"
> right-click on the right pane...
> Add Network Location.
>

> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I Right-Click in the righht pane in windows Explorer that
>> option does not appear. Is there another way to get to this
>> particular Wizard? I have
>> tried to access the Wirard from Network and Sharing Center but
>> cannot find the right option.
>>
>> "Dave Cox" wrote:
>>
>>> =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?= <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>> wrote in

>>> Right Click anywhere in the right pane of Windows Explorer and
>>> select "Add Network Location" then follow the wizard.
>>>
>>> It will guide you through setting up the FTP client.
>>>
>>> --
>>> The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is
>>> at the end of its life cycle.
>>>
>>> Dave

oops yes silly me I just assumed he'd use "Computer" to get to
Windows Explorer.

--
The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is at the
end of its life cycle.

Dave
KDE

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer
when you type ftp.domain.com in the windows explorer address bar what
happens ??? are you clicking file, log in as...
works fine for me.
are you getting error messages or is explorer crashing or... ?

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to open FTP site in
> Windows Explorer like I use to do on Windows XP. I do not want to open it
> in
> Internet Explorer just Windows Explorer. I have been able to open in IE7
> and
> then switch to Windows Explorer but I want to cut out the IE7 step.

Dave

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer
Please excuse my butting in....
I tried to connect to my ftp server, and had to enter
ftp://page.domain.com
in the Explorer address bar

"KDE" <knott_me@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when you type ftp.domain.com in the windows explorer address bar what
> happens ??? are you clicking file, log in as...
> works fine for me.
> are you getting error messages or is explorer crashing or... ?
>

> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to open FTP site in
>> Windows Explorer like I use to do on Windows XP. I do not want to open
>> it in
>> Internet Explorer just Windows Explorer. I have been able to open in IE7
>> and
>> then switch to Windows Explorer but I want to cut out the IE7 step.

KDE

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer
mine connects fine without the leading ftp:// ? Vista Business

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> Please excuse my butting in....
> I tried to connect to my ftp server, and had to enter
> ftp://page.domain.com
> in the Explorer address bar
>

> "KDE" <knott_me@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> when you type ftp.domain.com in the windows explorer address bar what
>> happens ??? are you clicking file, log in as...
>> works fine for me.
>> are you getting error messages or is explorer crashing or... ?
>>

>> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to open FTP site in
>>> Windows Explorer like I use to do on Windows XP. I do not want to open
>>> it in
>>> Internet Explorer just Windows Explorer. I have been able to open in
>>> IE7 and
>>> then switch to Windows Explorer but I want to cut out the IE7 step.

Richard

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer
That option is not available in Windows Vista.

"Dave" wrote:

> Open "Computer"
> right-click on the right pane...
> Add Network Location.
>

> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I Right-Click in the righht pane in windows Explorer that option does
> > not appear. Is there another way to get to this particular Wizard? I
> > have
> > tried to access the Wirard from Network and Sharing Center but cannot find
> > the right option.
> >
> > "Dave Cox" wrote:
> >
> >> =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?= <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> >> in news:B0C587C4-8A20-4852-B043-DD9D21285AAB@microsoft.com:

> >> Right Click anywhere in the right pane of Windows Explorer and select
> >> "Add Network Location" then follow the wizard.
> >>
> >> It will guide you through setting up the FTP client.
> >>
> >> --
> >> The most reliable time to upgrade to a new Operating System is at the
> >> end of its life cycle.
> >>
> >> Dave

Dave

Re: Open FTP in Windows Explorer