Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Alex
 

Posts: n/a
Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???
Using Vista + Office 2003, does anyone know why nearly every time I close a
file in Excel it stops working? I keep getting the rather useful messages
telling me it's stopped working and then that it's restarting. It's driving
me mad!!

Example when it happens is... open an Excel document, print it, then close
it again using the "x" in the top right corner. Repeat this again but close
it using "File", "Exit" and Excel stopped working again.

I have tried using the Detect and Repair option under the Help menu, but
this hasn't solved the problem.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Alex
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???
Arrrrgghhhh... Rick... can you explain how I post this in an Office group
please??? Really need to get some more suggestions to fix this!

"Alex" wrote:

> Using Vista + Office 2003, does anyone know why nearly every time I close a
> file in Excel it stops working? I keep getting the rather useful messages
> telling me it's stopped working and then that it's restarting. It's driving
> me mad!!
>
> Example when it happens is... open an Excel document, print it, then close
> it again using the "x" in the top right corner. Repeat this again but close
> it using "File", "Exit" and Excel stopped working again.
>
> I have tried using the Detect and Repair option under the Help menu, but
> this hasn't solved the problem.
>
> Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Bill Yanaire
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???
microsoft.public.excel

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C8047983-62A0-489A-8B93-1EBF7C051772@microsoft.com...
> Using Vista + Office 2003, does anyone know why nearly every time I close
> a
> file in Excel it stops working? I keep getting the rather useful messages
> telling me it's stopped working and then that it's restarting. It's
> driving
> me mad!!
>
> Example when it happens is... open an Excel document, print it, then close
> it again using the "x" in the top right corner. Repeat this again but
> close
> it using "File", "Exit" and Excel stopped working again.
>
> I have tried using the Detect and Repair option under the Help menu, but
> this hasn't solved the problem.
>
> Any ideas?



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???
Alex

Go to the following website, select the Excel flyout menu on the left and
pick an appropriate group.

Discussion Groups Home:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx


--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User


"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:99B81E7A-B4FA-4CB7-A657-1474E8194225@microsoft.com...
> Arrrrgghhhh... Rick... can you explain how I post this in an Office group
> please??? Really need to get some more suggestions to fix this!
>
> "Alex" wrote:
>
>> Using Vista + Office 2003, does anyone know why nearly every time I close
>> a
>> file in Excel it stops working? I keep getting the rather useful
>> messages
>> telling me it's stopped working and then that it's restarting. It's
>> driving
>> me mad!!
>>
>> Example when it happens is... open an Excel document, print it, then
>> close
>> it again using the "x" in the top right corner. Repeat this again but
>> close
>> it using "File", "Exit" and Excel stopped working again.
>>
>> I have tried using the Detect and Repair option under the Help menu, but
>> this hasn't solved the problem.
>>
>> Any ideas?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2008
fyz
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???

Hi,

Does this happens for only one excel file or for the files? Maybe
reinstall excel is the easiest way to slove it. But if only one file
causes crash, the file is probably damaged. If necessary, you can try a
utility called 'Advanced Excel Repair' (http://www.datanumen.com/aer/)
to repair your Excel xls file. I have used it to recover my corrupt
Excel xls files. Hope this helps.

Alan


--
fyz
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2008
Gendov
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???

I have absolutely the same problem.
See my post Vista Forums > Vista Newsgroups > Vista General> Excel
crashes on exit - OLEAUT32.DLL problem

Copy of it is following:
When closing Excel (2003 or 2007) it crashes and stop working. Meantime
if firstly close the opened files and after that close the Excel itself
it exits normally.

The following error description appears when crashing:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
Application Version: 11.0.8231.0
Application Timestamp: 48934d57
Fault Module Name: OLEAUT32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a74f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004580
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
Brand: Office11Crash
skulcid: 1033

Please advise solution or where to find good OLEAUT32.DLL

This problem is very old in my laptop hence Windows restore is not
applicable.

Best regards


I had a long correspondence with Microsoft support in my country
without any success. They are fully useless. By their advise I had
reinstalled Office 2003 several times, Installed Office 2007 - no
success. The same is happening with Excel 2007 as well. Meantime I had
checked the computer for viruses with different anti virus programs even
starting the windows from CD (not from the Hard Drive) and using anti
virus program from the same CD - noting helped. OLEAUT32.DLL in my
windows is the same size and same date as the one in my wife computer so
most probably it is not the cause of the problem.
Excel is crashing with any file opened on it when I am trying to close
the program. meantime if I close the file first and after that the Excel
it is closing by normal way. It is not Excel problem due to appears with
Excel2003 and 2007.

Is there somebody that can give advise how to solve this problem?


--
Gendov
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2008
Gendov
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???

After some search in the Internet I finally found the solution:

Click "start" - the button down left to your screen Select "run" and
type "regedit".
Click OK. The Registry Editor opens in a window.

In the registry editor locate the following: HKEY, LOCALMACHINE,
SOFTWARE, MICROSOFT, OFFICE, EXCEL, ADDINS,
BtOFFICEAddin.BtOFFICEIntegration.1

Under label "Name" there should be a line: "Lodbehavior". Now in the
same line under "Type" there should be REG_DWORD" and under "Data" there
should be "0x0000003 (3)" or something similar as far as the last digit
is concerned (in this case 3).

Behold, you are close to the solution... Change the last digit AND the
one in brackets (in my case 3) to read 0! In my case under "Data" now
reads "0x0000000 (0)".

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Close the registry editor and restart the
computer.

Your Excel now is working perfectly!


Enjoy

Actually the Microsoft support was close to the solution. They gave me
advise to open menu>tools>add-ins and to disable Blue tooth add-in (or
some thing like this, do not remember exactly) But in the Add-ins list
BT add-in was not available. From the solution is clear visible that
registry entries for bt add-in exist even same is not in the list. And
it was really there. After applying the above solution Excel is working
fine.


--
Gendov
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2009
gg
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???
Try uncheck the send to Bluetooth Com Addin and all VBA related in Excel
Addins. It might help.

"Gendov" wrote:

>
> I have absolutely the same problem.
> See my post Vista Forums > Vista Newsgroups > Vista General> Excel
> crashes on exit - OLEAUT32.DLL problem
>
> Copy of it is following:
> When closing Excel (2003 or 2007) it crashes and stop working. Meantime
> if firstly close the opened files and after that close the Excel itself
> it exits normally.
>
> The following error description appears when crashing:
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
> Application Version: 11.0.8231.0
> Application Timestamp: 48934d57
> Fault Module Name: OLEAUT32.dll
> Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a74f
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00004580
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> LCID: 1033
> Brand: Office11Crash
> skulcid: 1033
>
> Please advise solution or where to find good OLEAUT32.DLL
>
> This problem is very old in my laptop hence Windows restore is not
> applicable.
>
> Best regards
>
>
> I had a long correspondence with Microsoft support in my country
> without any success. They are fully useless. By their advise I had
> reinstalled Office 2003 several times, Installed Office 2007 - no
> success. The same is happening with Excel 2007 as well. Meantime I had
> checked the computer for viruses with different anti virus programs even
> starting the windows from CD (not from the Hard Drive) and using anti
> virus program from the same CD - noting helped. OLEAUT32.DLL in my
> windows is the same size and same date as the one in my wife computer so
> most probably it is not the cause of the problem.
> Excel is crashing with any file opened on it when I am trying to close
> the program. meantime if I close the file first and after that the Excel
> it is closing by normal way. It is not Excel problem due to appears with
> Excel2003 and 2007.
>
> Is there somebody that can give advise how to solve this problem?
>
>
> --
> Gendov
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2009
SPG
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???

Gendov;882231 Wrote:
> After some search in the Internet I finally found the solution:
>
> Click "start" - the button down left to your screen Select "run" and
> type "regedit".
> Click OK. The Registry Editor opens in a window.
>
> In the registry editor locate the following: HKEY, LOCALMACHINE,
> SOFTWARE, MICROSOFT, OFFICE, EXCEL, ADDINS,
> BtOFFICEAddin.BtOFFICEIntegration.1
>
> Under label "Name" there should be a line: "Lodbehavior". Now in the
> same line under "Type" there should be REG_DWORD" and under "Data" there
> should be "0x0000003 (3)" or something similar as far as the last digit
> is concerned (in this case 3).
>
> Behold, you are close to the solution... Change the last digit AND the
> one in brackets (in my case 3) to read 0! In my case under "Data" now
> reads "0x0000000 (0)".
>
> That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Close the registry editor and restart the
> computer.
>
> Your Excel now is working perfectly!
> .


Actually, I can't find the BtOFFICEAddin.BtOFFICEIntegration.1 on the
registry path given. I used the Find function and found it under Access
Tree. I changed it and my Excel working as normal again. THANKS dude!


--
SPG
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2009
jakub
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY???

Hi
I have found this link. The suggestion helped in my case.
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-genera...l-problem.html
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista incorrectly displaying "MS Office Visio has stopped working" EagleOne microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 05-19-2009 19:51
Get "Windows Media Center Receiver Service has stopped working" =?Utf-8?B?UGFsYWRpbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 25 02-12-2008 03:52
Excel - "has stopped working" - WHY??? Alex microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 7 08-14-2007 11:11
Control Panel open causes "Windows Explorer has stopped working".... Eigil Krogh microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 07-11-2007 10:24
"windows explorer has stopped working" 1 minute after buying a new machine william.hooper@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 30 04-09-2007 21:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:51.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120