Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Richard Stallmann

Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64!
You can't use unsigned drivers on Vista x64, but you can use self-signed drivers, so all you have to do is sign them, no need to
press F8 during boot any longer. I ripped the necessary utilities from MS SDK and created my own certificates for my tv tuner, the
programme Netlimiter x64 etc, and all of them work. You have to enable the TESTSIGNING mode in the vista boot loader through bcdedit
and install the certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. Afterwards all drivers will load (reboot first).
The necessary utils and the instruction can be downloaded here:

http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/Test.Certificate.rar (right-click->save or paste into download manager)

here's a snapshot:

http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/vis...ertificate.jpg

An instruction in English is included in the package, don't worry.

3 patched drivers are included. You can use them, but don't forget to install the certificate into the above mentioned store. Or
just create your own certificates using your own (nick)name

=?Utf-8?B?YnA=?=

RE: Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64!

"Richard Stallmann" wrote:

I thought the 64 bit wouldn't use unsigned drives also but my video card
drivers are unsigned and they install just fine. Stupid Vista

> You can't use unsigned drivers on Vista x64, but you can use self-signed drivers, so all you have to do is sign them, no need to
> press F8 during boot any longer. I ripped the necessary utilities from MS SDK and created my own certificates for my tv tuner, the
> programme Netlimiter x64 etc, and all of them work. You have to enable the TESTSIGNING mode in the vista boot loader through bcdedit
> and install the certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. Afterwards all drivers will load (reboot first).
> The necessary utils and the instruction can be downloaded here:
>
> http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/Test.Certificate.rar (right-click->save or paste into download manager)
>
> here's a snapshot:
>
> http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/vis...ertificate.jpg
>
> An instruction in English is included in the package, don't worry.
>
> 3 patched drivers are included. You can use them, but don't forget to install the certificate into the above mentioned store. Or
> just create your own certificates using your own (nick)name

=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgQw==?=

RE: Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64!
Thank you Richard. I have been trrying to figure out how to test sign a
driver on my own. The download you provided solved my problem ! No more F8
boot options and no more waiting for signed drivers from Areca

Richard Stallmann

Re: Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64!
Forgot to mention one last thing, the instructions are located in the files "Install Test Certificate English.nfo" and "Install Test
Certificate German.nfo", don't just doubleclick the files, open them in notepad, wordpad, winword, editplus or whatever you use as
your standard text editor. Have fun

"Richard Stallmann" <WRFan1@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23Z14kcFXHHA.4252@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> You can't use unsigned drivers on Vista x64, but you can use self-signed drivers, so all you have to do is sign them, no need to
> press F8 during boot any longer. I ripped the necessary utilities from MS SDK and created my own certificates for my tv tuner, the
> programme Netlimiter x64 etc, and all of them work. You have to enable the TESTSIGNING mode in the vista boot loader through
> bcdedit and install the certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. Afterwards all drivers will load
> (reboot first). The necessary utils and the instruction can be downloaded here:
>
> http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/Test.Certificate.rar (right-click->save or paste into download manager)
>
> here's a snapshot:
>
> http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/vis...ertificate.jpg
>
> An instruction in English is included in the package, don't worry.
>
> 3 patched drivers are included. You can use them, but don't forget to install the certificate into the above mentioned store. Or
> just create your own certificates using your own (nick)name

chris j

Re: Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64!

There is a new version of windows driver sign available. I packed it and
all the nessesary files with a automated script that does all the
command entries for you. Makes signing your own drivers very easy. Just
put the drivers you want signed in the driver folder of the unzipped
tool kit. Run the script and it creates a test.cer for you and it signs
the driver. All you have to do is overwrite the original unsigned driver
with the newly signed driver.
Download Links:
http://drivercert.oxyhostsfree.com/s...drivercert.zip
'RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting'
(http://rapidshare.com/files/10186915...rcert.zip.html)

--
chris j
earthwormjim

Re: Finally found a way to get unsigned drivers running on Vista x64!

Wish the links hand't been removed. I have the windows SDK on my
computer but I can't for the life of me figure out how to sign my XBCD+
drivers.

--
earthwormjim