Windows Photo Gallery DEP shutdown

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

thepilot

Windows Photo Gallery DEP shutdown

When I start using Photo Gallery windows shuts it down under DEP, when I
try to turn DEP off, a message says it is not allowed and must run with
this programme, any thoughts?

--
thepilot
thepilot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29233

http://forums.techarena.in

Ronnievdl

RE: Windows Photo Gallery DEP shutdown
I think it's not possible to turn off DEP for WPG without some difficult
tweaks.

However, it's better to actually solve the problem that causes the DEP
error. Have you installed any plugins for Windows Photo Gallery or Windows
Explorer? Or have you installed some codecs or a codec pack? Some codecs
don't really work well with DEP.

"thepilot" wrote:

> When I start using Photo Gallery windows shuts it down under DEP, when I
> try to turn DEP off, a message says it is not allowed and must run with
> this programme, any thoughts?
>

> --
> thepilot
> thepilot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29233
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=799316
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

NonTarget

Re: Windows Photo Gallery DEP shutdown
to turn off DEP:
Run Command Prompt as Admin
type "bcdedit /set {current} nx alwaysoff"
should see message that it worked
type "exit"
reboot

"thepilot" <thepilot.2v5t3e@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> When I start using Photo Gallery windows shuts it down under DEP, when I
> try to turn DEP off, a message says it is not allowed and must run with
> this programme, any thoughts?
>

> --
> thepilot
> thepilot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29233
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=799316
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

thepilot

Re: Windows Photo Gallery DEP shutdown

I have not loaded anything yet, this is a new install on my PC, although
not a clean install, it works fine on my laptop.

--
thepilot
thepilot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29233
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=799316

http://forums.techarena.in

Ian Betts

"thepilot" <thepilot.2v773l@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have not loaded anything yet, this is a new install on my PC, although
> not a clean install, it works fine on my laptop.
>

> --
> thepilot
> thepilot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29233
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=799316
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

If not clean then it had XP first I assume so it was an upgrade. Upgrades to
Vista often flag up problems with drivers because not all XP drivers work
in Vista.

--
Ian

With patience there is always a way.

Please Reply to Newsgroup so all can read.
Requests for assistance by email can not and will be deleted.

thepilot

Re: Windows Photo Gallery DEP shutdown

Ian, thanks, you are correct it was an upgrade and I was already aware
that this might cause issues, although my laptop has been without
problems. I have tried switching off DEP and that did not work, any
suggestions

"thepilot" <thepilot.2v7cng@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Ian, thanks, you are correct it was an upgrade and I was already aware
> that this might cause issues, although my laptop has been without
> problems. I have tried switching off DEP and that did not work, any
> suggestions
>

> --
> thepilot
> thepilot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29233
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=799316
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

For DEP setting its such a long answer can I suggest you click on the Help
link in Start and put DEP in the search box and read and even print off as
much as you need. I find Vista help very good.

--
Ian

With patience there is always a way.

Please Reply to Newsgroup so all can read.
Requests for assistance by email can not and will be deleted.

thepilot

Re: Windows Photo Gallery DEP shutdown

Got it sorted, after turing off DEP fromthe cmd prompt, I had to reeboot
to make it work, then WPG worked, I then deleted all the files and
turned DEP back and, it worked. I have loaded some photosback and it
still works. I am assuming that some of the exe video files were the
cause of the DEP error. Thanks for everyone that helped.