Re-mapping 360 Controller buttons?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Gryph05

Re-mapping 360 Controller buttons?
In the past on my Dell with XP, I used the XBCD Drivers so I could re-map my
360 controller to fit my needs. However I have recently built a new PC and
got 64-bit Vista Home Premium, and have been unable to get the XBCD drivers
working. The only thing I need to do is change the R/L triggers from their
default Z-axis to two seperate buttons. Any ideas on how I might do this?
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Re-mapping 360 Controller buttons?
"Gryph05" <Gryph05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the past on my Dell with XP, I used the XBCD Drivers so I could re-map
> my
> 360 controller to fit my needs. However I have recently built a new PC and
> got 64-bit Vista Home Premium, and have been unable to get the XBCD
> drivers
> working. The only thing I need to do is change the R/L triggers from their
> default Z-axis to two seperate buttons. Any ideas on how I might do this?

No. I have Vista 32-bit and the XBCD drivers work just peachy, but I'm using
an XBox 1 controller. If the driver isn't digitally signed, isn't there a
way to disable Vista 64's "Driver must be signed" mode? Like press F8 when
booting, and there's an option in there to disable driver checking or
something.

Once you disable it try to install them again. Might work.

Gryph05

Re: Re-mapping 360 Controller buttons?
I tried pretty much everything with XBCD, including booting with F8 and
disabling required driver signing. Basically what was happening was I would
install the drivers, and in the device manager, under my Xbox 360 controller,
I would update drivers -> Browse -> Let me choose from list, and the only one
available was the MS standard driver. If I unchecked the "Show only
compatible drivers" box, and scrolled to Redcl0ud, clicked on XBCD Gamepad,
It would say that it was installed successfully, and the device manager would
include a XBCD Game controller. However, when I went into the XBCD setup, it
said that "No XBCD controllers were found." I spent around 5 hours trying to
figure it out, and gave up. If anyone has 64-bit Vista and knows a solution
for this, I'd be grateful for the help.