Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Alternet

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
I'm using windows vista ultimate edtion.
Specs:

Alienware Aurora m9700
GFX Card: nVidia 7900 GS
RAM: 1 GB
Pocessor: AMD Atholon 2.0 GHz

I am having this huge problem with lag. In single player, i cant seem to
play it properly. People have been saying its the operating system. I'm
unsure of this. I spent a decent amount of money on this game, and it doesnt
even work properly.. i tried everything on the lowest settings (even though i
surpass the minimum requirements) and its still extremly laggy??

Any Solutions???
Phypps

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Mine is even worse, I can't get the game to play at all.

My specs:
Intel QX6700 Quad extreme
4Gb Ram
8800GTX (158.24 driver)
Xi-Fi Fatality Champion
Dell 24" monitor
Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I get green ticks on everything to run the game perfectly.
Seems to load OK.
Intro videos play OK.
Options etc are all OK
Tactical setup and briefing before mission are OK.
BUT....... as soon as I try to actually play the first mission (or the
Training) all I get is a gabage screen overlayed with some of the HUD but
not much else.
(Auto loaded patch but that hasn't altered anything)

I can quite happily play Oblivion, Half Life 2, and Lost Planet at 1920 x
1200 with everything turned up to max, so my system is quite capable under
extreme stress and shouldn't have any problem running GRAW2.

Is it a 64 bit problem?
PhysX (don't have the card but it insisted on loading drivers anyway). does
this fall over with 64 bit ?
I have looked on official site for help but all I find are system
requirements !
Is it a known problem on some systems, with a workaround when told how ?
Any insight would be appreciated.

Phypps

"Alternet" <Alternet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using windows vista ultimate edtion.
> Specs:
>
> Alienware Aurora m9700
> GFX Card: nVidia 7900 GS
> RAM: 1 GB
> Pocessor: AMD Atholon 2.0 GHz
>
> I am having this huge problem with lag. In single player, i cant seem to
> play it properly. People have been saying its the operating system. I'm
> unsure of this. I spent a decent amount of money on this game, and it
> doesnt
> even work properly.. i tried everything on the lowest settings (even
> though i
> surpass the minimum requirements) and its still extremly laggy??
>
> Any Solutions???

Carl

Re: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
I have a PhysX card in my system, and I can run 3d mark all day long without
crashing, and thats with: HD2900XT Crossfire, X-Fi fatality, 8Gb ram, Vista
home premium 64bit. GRAW 1 runs fine as well. I haven't got GRAW2 yet, but I
hope this lets you eliminate the PhysX side of things.

Alternet

Re: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
yeah see i have the exact same problem. Everything is OK until im actually
playing the game. It just doesn't seem to work.

I have checked out the forum board in the GRAW section, and people have also
been complaining about this same problem. Many of them blame that its a
problem with vista???

I hope this will be resolved asap... I do not wish to throw out a 50 dollar
game because it just doesn't work.

TSO

"Alternet" wrote:

> yeah see i have the exact same problem. Everything is OK until im actually
> playing the game. It just doesn't seem to work.
>
> I have checked out the forum board in the GRAW section, and people have also
> been complaining about this same problem. Many of them blame that its a
> problem with vista???
>
> I hope this will be resolved asap... I do not wish to throw out a 50 dollar
> game because it just doesn't work.

Hey I know this isnt much help to anyones problems but if worse comes to
worse take the game back to wherever you bought it and see if they will
either give you store credit or let you trade it in for something else...or
go to EB Games or Gamestop and get some money (very little actually...i hate
these places) but at least you might get some back.
Alternet

Re: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Yeah see the thing is ... i tried returning it to the store after a couple of
hours messing with it... they won't return back opened software because
technically people can steal the CD key.. which makes the game useless @ that
point.... i also soon went to gamestop and they also had the same policy.

.. help??

TSO

Re: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Wow I never knew that...hmm well then I hate to say it but you might be
screwed. Ebay perhaps?

"Alternet" wrote:

> Yeah see the thing is ... i tried returning it to the store after a couple of
> hours messing with it... they won't return back opened software because
> technically people can steal the CD key.. which makes the game useless @ that
> point.... i also soon went to gamestop and they also had the same policy.
>
> .. help??

Alternet

Re: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
thats a possibility however, i am going to wait for a couple of months to see
if they come up with some sort of patch or update for vista users?? .. maybe
vista will come out with some sort of update that makes games more
compatitable??
I dont konw.. but either way.. i honestly feel like i got screwed buying a
50 dollar game that doesn't even work.

Yves Lossez

found solution for Ghost recon 2
Hello,
I had the same problem with lag or a white color screen !the solution works only for people who have a Nvidia cart:First click on the nvidia control panel than on 3D settings, now jou see program settings/click on ANISOTROPIC filtering en put it on APPLICATION CONTROLLED do the same on Anisotropic setting again click on Application controlled end click on apply, now the game must working. Have fun.

regards,

Yves lossez.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com