My Windows Vista won't play games

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

merk402

My Windows Vista won't play games

I have installed multiple games on my Vista, like Assassin's Creed, and
when I try to play them, the intro plays, and then a message pops up
that says that my game has stopped working and Windows is searching for
a solution. Then this message pops up,

Assasin's Creed Game has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify you if a solution is abailable.

I have tried restarting the game, reinstalling it, everything I can
think of.

Anybody have any advice? thanks

--
merk402
Americano

Re: My Windows Vista won't play games

Hello *'*merk402*' (http://www.vistax64.com/member.php?u=160033)*,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

Would you mind posting your system specs?

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
merk402

Re: My Windows Vista won't play games

well I have a Windows Vista Home Basic with a 32 bit operating system.
Umm, what else do you need to know?

merk402;1262177 Wrote:
> well I have a Windows Vista Home Basic with a 32 bit operating system.
> Umm, what else do you need to know?

Such as your video card, amount of RAM, CPU, etc.

This is simply in order to determine if your system is capable of
running the games.

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
merk402

Re: My Windows Vista won't play games

Well, after I installed Assasin's Creed, a window popped up that said
showed all the minimum requirements and my system had all the right
ones, I have 4 gig ram and enough memory, the game said that I had all
the right requirements.

--
merk402
Americano

Re: My Windows Vista won't play games

Okay,

Well if you're sure you have the right system requirements, then I
suggest, as a first step, try re-installing Assassin's Creed. There may
have been an error in the original installation, thus causing the error
message.

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
merk402

Re: My Windows Vista won't play games

Well, I have tried reinstalling it. I have also tried a different game
with the same exact results. The game will start, it gets all the way
through the opening credits and intro movie, then that message pops up
saying that it has stopped working. Are there any other possibilities?

merk402;1263572 Wrote:
> Well, I have tried reinstalling it. I have also tried a different game
> with the same exact results. The game will start, it gets all the way
> through the opening credits and intro movie, then that message pops up
> saying that it has stopped working. Are there any other possibilities?

You may not have enough RAM.

--
Americano

TRYING THE SAME THING OVER, AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT = INSANITY
http://www.vistax64.com/images/style...reputation.gif
-*don't forget to say thanks, tip my scales!*-
Chuck

Re: My Windows Vista won't play games
Re: My Windows Vista won't play games

Video card & Drivers
The drivers may need to be updated (Usually ATI), or in a few cases,
backdated (sometimes Nvidia).

Sound drivers
Some sound chips/cards have windows included drivers that are not
complete or upto date. Usually, the Mfr, such as Realtec or Asus (ALC
1200) has better drivers.

DX modules
You may need to load the last DX 9c update from Microsoft.

The Game may need to be run in administrator, and with UAC turned off.
4Gig of RAM should be sufficient for virtually any game.

It may be necessary to change the game's video or audio options/settings
to get it to run properly. No mention was made in the thread of the
video card/chipset or sound card/chipset.

If the P/C is overclocked, this may have a bearing on your problem.