Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Crysis problems.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2009
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Crysis problems.
This problem began to be noticed on vista, but the vista laptop was too slow
to really get into crysis.
Crashes such as this one occur on both. In additon, Crysis may also fail to
menu, and be resumed with the resume game selection.
This is a new win 7 system with a quad core AMD Phenom II at 3.2ghz, not
overclocked, and a Diamond MM HD4890 video card also not overclocked.
4G OCX 1066 memory (dual channel) on an Asus M4A79 Deluxe MBD.
Video driver is ATI's last release.

I seem to remember that there might have been a reversion to an older copy
of MSVCR80.dll in order to patch some ATI video drivers.
The list at the bottom identifies the dash numbers I found on the system.
The system was fully patched as of yesterday morning.
Crysis has the Crysis update patches as well.

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Crysis.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927 8/25/2009 Visual Studio r2005
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff
Exception Offset: 000127da
Exception Code: c000000d
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e926
Additional Information 2: e9263950142051511ceadcb55c0aa80c
Additional Information 3: b8de
Additional Information 4: b8dea055e8c7e8472b7f4d399952f30f



8.00.50727.1801 621kb
..42 612kb
..762 778kb MS Hot fix
..4053 617kb
,4053 783 SISandra
..4927 617kb

ATI HD4800 (4890) video drivers


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2009
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Crysis problems.
So far, no solution found. Crysis was reloaded from CD, and run without the
patches. At least in the earlier episodes, it runs better than with the
patches.
Possibilities to be looked at--
Saved games may contribute to the problem.
System option changes may make a difference.
ATI has released new video driver versions in the last few days.

The problems are most acute during the carrier attack, when the player is
shooting down the attackers.
Is there a real difference between the various resolution and video detail
modes in relation to the "dump to menu" and "crashout" failures.

Interestingly enough, Crysis Wars etc. does not have the same problems, or
at least to the same digree.



"Chuck" <cdkuder@msn.com> wrote in message
news:%23Gfq4AtUKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> This problem began to be noticed on vista, but the vista laptop was too
> slow to really get into crysis.
> Crashes such as this one occur on both. In additon, Crysis may also fail
> to menu, and be resumed with the resume game selection.
> This is a new win 7 system with a quad core AMD Phenom II at 3.2ghz, not
> overclocked, and a Diamond MM HD4890 video card also not overclocked.
> 4G OCX 1066 memory (dual channel) on an Asus M4A79 Deluxe MBD.
> Video driver is ATI's last release.
>
> I seem to remember that there might have been a reversion to an older copy
> of MSVCR80.dll in order to patch some ATI video drivers.
> The list at the bottom identifies the dash numbers I found on the system.
> The system was fully patched as of yesterday morning.
> Crysis has the Crysis update patches as well.
>
> Problem Event Name: BEX
> Application Name: Crysis.exe
> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
> Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
> Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927 8/25/2009 Visual Studio r2005
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff
> Exception Offset: 000127da
> Exception Code: c000000d
> Exception Data: 00000000
> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: e926
> Additional Information 2: e9263950142051511ceadcb55c0aa80c
> Additional Information 3: b8de
> Additional Information 4: b8dea055e8c7e8472b7f4d399952f30f
>
>
>
> 8.00.50727.1801 621kb
> .42 612kb
> .762 778kb MS Hot fix
> .4053 617kb
> ,4053 783 SISandra
> .4927 617kb
>
> ATI HD4800 (4890) video drivers
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2009
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Crysis problems.
Further investigation results--
The two updates to Crysis help, but do not eliminate the problems.
There is a bug in Crysis that eventually causes the save game function to
fail when a saved game is selected. The resoluton seems to be to uninstall
and completely reinstall Crysis and all the patches.
..DLL modules involved--
d3d10 & d3d10core
atidxx32 (ver 9.8, 9.9, 9.10 drivers)
msvcr80 (involved in crashes from menu) (Win 7 version)
Higher graphics resolution and high or ultra high detail increase the
failure frequency.

Other trivia.
The desktop PC runs win 7 RTM Pro (same as retail)
Video card is a Diamond ATI HD4890
CPU AMD Phenom II 955 3.2G
MBD ASUS M4A79 (DDR2 memory 4G two matched strips OCZ1066G
910W PS
CPU & GPU temps never exceeed 55dC (Lots of fans and airflow.)

My Vista HP Laptop (totally different hardware) exhibited similar problems
with the exception of NVIDIA laptop GPU & drivers instead of ATI drivers &
hardware.
Since the problems occur more frequently in the last two game chapters, it
seems that they were likely not debugged as well as the earlier chapters.
Crysis Wars does not exhibit the same problems or at least not to the level
that prevents playing the game to it's end.

And, I noticed that EA is going to lay off 250 employees. What do you want
to bet that the minimal support for Crysis goes completely away.



"Chuck" <cdkuder@msn.com> wrote in message
news:OT9wUp3VKHA.5368@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> So far, no solution found. Crysis was reloaded from CD, and run without
> the patches. At least in the earlier episodes, it runs better than with
> the patches.
> Possibilities to be looked at--
> Saved games may contribute to the problem.
> System option changes may make a difference.
> ATI has released new video driver versions in the last few days.
>
> The problems are most acute during the carrier attack, when the player is
> shooting down the attackers.
> Is there a real difference between the various resolution and video detail
> modes in relation to the "dump to menu" and "crashout" failures.
>
> Interestingly enough, Crysis Wars etc. does not have the same problems, or
> at least to the same digree.
>
>
>
> "Chuck" <cdkuder@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:%23Gfq4AtUKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> This problem began to be noticed on vista, but the vista laptop was too
>> slow to really get into crysis.
>> Crashes such as this one occur on both. In additon, Crysis may also fail
>> to menu, and be resumed with the resume game selection.
>> This is a new win 7 system with a quad core AMD Phenom II at 3.2ghz, not
>> overclocked, and a Diamond MM HD4890 video card also not overclocked.
>> 4G OCX 1066 memory (dual channel) on an Asus M4A79 Deluxe MBD.
>> Video driver is ATI's last release.
>>
>> I seem to remember that there might have been a reversion to an older
>> copy of MSVCR80.dll in order to patch some ATI video drivers.
>> The list at the bottom identifies the dash numbers I found on the
>> system. The system was fully patched as of yesterday morning.
>> Crysis has the Crysis update patches as well.
>>
>> Problem Event Name: BEX
>> Application Name: Crysis.exe
>> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
>> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
>> Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
>> Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927 8/25/2009 Visual Studio
>> r2005
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff
>> Exception Offset: 000127da
>> Exception Code: c000000d
>> Exception Data: 00000000
>> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
>> Locale ID: 1033
>> Additional Information 1: e926
>> Additional Information 2: e9263950142051511ceadcb55c0aa80c
>> Additional Information 3: b8de
>> Additional Information 4: b8dea055e8c7e8472b7f4d399952f30f
>>
>>
>>
>> 8.00.50727.1801 621kb
>> .42 612kb
>> .762 778kb MS Hot fix
>> .4053 617kb
>> ,4053 783 SISandra
>> .4927 617kb
>>
>> ATI HD4800 (4890) video drivers
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2010
StinkySQL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Crysis problems.

Its a shame you seem to be talking to yourself so let me add something.

Same problems with Windows 7 (6.1.7600) and it really is the last two
chapters. I had zero problems before then. I completed one chapter by just
waiting in a corner and not looking at anything! I would agree with your
assessment of the quality control as there is a LOT more blowing up here
making failure exposure much more likely. If they didn't see it, well ...

Crysis patches 1, 1.2 and 1.2.1 don't make much difference, nor did the
uninstall and reinstall. I'm running ATI 4850 version 8 drivers and will see
what an update to the new 9.6 will do.

SS



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2010
StinkySQL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Crysis problems.

My ATI Video drivers are 8.6 at best right now. I can confirm that the
patches for Crysis seem to make it worse. I am going to "Read" about the end
at someone's walkthrough and just get on with Crysis 2 until my Mass Effect 2
comes in the mail ...

SS
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2010
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Crysis problems.
It's too bad that the thread seems to be fragmented.

Crysis + Visual C library + DX 10 + ATI Video drivers are involved.
Some NVIDIA card driver combos have similar problems.
The same general problem exists with Win 7
The Feb ATI drivers seem to help

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Crysis.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff

Application Name: Crysis.exe (CARRIER FIGHT)
Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
Fault Module Name: d3d10core.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a3
Exception Code: c0000005

Application Name: Crysis.exe (CARRIER FIGHT)
Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.247
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b0ca08b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00010668
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Crysis.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
Fault Module Name: d3d10core.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a3
Exception Code: c0000005


"StinkySQL" <StinkySQL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:23AE24E8-101F-406F-8DCD-00B22110C7B1@microsoft.com...
>
> Its a shame you seem to be talking to yourself so let me add something.
>
> Same problems with Windows 7 (6.1.7600) and it really is the last two
> chapters. I had zero problems before then. I completed one chapter by just
> waiting in a corner and not looking at anything! I would agree with your
> assessment of the quality control as there is a LOT more blowing up here
> making failure exposure much more likely. If they didn't see it, well ...
>
> Crysis patches 1, 1.2 and 1.2.1 don't make much difference, nor did the
> uninstall and reinstall. I'm running ATI 4850 version 8 drivers and will
> see
> what an update to the new 9.6 will do.
>
> SS
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2010
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Crysis problems.
To carry the thread on--

The major problems many have with Crysis seem to be in the last one or two
episodes-- flying the plane and carrier defense.
It looks like among other things, getting killed in the carrier defense end
game can trigger a crash (Win7, Vista)
If you setup a batch file, and run it from the CMD window, you can see if
forcing dx9 helps. (Quick and dirty)
key content of the batch file is the line
crysis.exe -DX9

The DX10 related problems still occur with win7 32 & ATI 10.3 drivers.

If you have the Crysis Demo, you can use the demo start batch file as an
example of how to write.


"Chuck" <cdkuder@msn.com> wrote in message
news:u9pQf%237qKHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It's too bad that the thread seems to be fragmented.
>
> Crysis + Visual C library + DX 10 + ATI Video drivers are involved.
> Some NVIDIA card driver combos have similar problems.
> The same general problem exists with Win 7
> The Feb ATI drivers seem to help
>
> Problem Event Name: BEX
> Application Name: Crysis.exe
> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
> Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
> Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff
>
> Application Name: Crysis.exe (CARRIER FIGHT)
> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
> Fault Module Name: d3d10core.dll
> Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a3
> Exception Code: c0000005
>
> Application Name: Crysis.exe (CARRIER FIGHT)
> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
> Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
> Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.247
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4b0ca08b
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00010668
> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
>
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: Crysis.exe
> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
> Fault Module Name: d3d10core.dll
> Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a3
> Exception Code: c0000005
>
>
> "StinkySQL" <StinkySQL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:23AE24E8-101F-406F-8DCD-00B22110C7B1@microsoft.com...
>>
>> Its a shame you seem to be talking to yourself so let me add something.
>>
>> Same problems with Windows 7 (6.1.7600) and it really is the last two
>> chapters. I had zero problems before then. I completed one chapter by
>> just
>> waiting in a corner and not looking at anything! I would agree with your
>> assessment of the quality control as there is a LOT more blowing up here
>> making failure exposure much more likely. If they didn't see it, well ...
>>
>> Crysis patches 1, 1.2 and 1.2.1 don't make much difference, nor did the
>> uninstall and reinstall. I'm running ATI 4850 version 8 drivers and will
>> see
>> what an update to the new 9.6 will do.
>>
>> SS
>>
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2010
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Crysis problems.
It seems that the real problem is that Crysis was never fully debugged
for DX10. DX9 mode (even with the very high quality patches) works well
for the last two levels.
ATI 10.3 drivers, Win 7 32, 2x HD5770 Video cards in crossfire)
The same problems existed in Vista and in Win 7 with different video
hardware and drivers.


On 3/29/2010 6:40 PM, Chuck wrote:
> To carry the thread on--
>
> The major problems many have with Crysis seem to be in the last one or two
> episodes-- flying the plane and carrier defense.
> It looks like among other things, getting killed in the carrier defense end
> game can trigger a crash (Win7, Vista)
> If you setup a batch file, and run it from the CMD window, you can see if
> forcing dx9 helps. (Quick and dirty)
> key content of the batch file is the line
> crysis.exe -DX9
>
> The DX10 related problems still occur with win7 32& ATI 10.3 drivers.
>
> If you have the Crysis Demo, you can use the demo start batch file as an
> example of how to write.
>
>
> "Chuck"<cdkuder@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:u9pQf%237qKHA.1800@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> It's too bad that the thread seems to be fragmented.
>>
>> Crysis + Visual C library + DX 10 + ATI Video drivers are involved.
>> Some NVIDIA card driver combos have similar problems.
>> The same general problem exists with Win 7
>> The Feb ATI drivers seem to help
>>
>> Problem Event Name: BEX
>> Application Name: Crysis.exe
>> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
>> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
>> Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
>> Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff
>>
>> Application Name: Crysis.exe (CARRIER FIGHT)
>> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
>> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
>> Fault Module Name: d3d10core.dll
>> Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a3
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>>
>> Application Name: Crysis.exe (CARRIER FIGHT)
>> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
>> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
>> Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
>> Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.247
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 4b0ca08b
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>> Exception Offset: 00010668
>> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
>>
>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> Application Name: Crysis.exe
>> Application Version: 1.1.1.6156
>> Application Timestamp: 47d6d167
>> Fault Module Name: d3d10core.dll
>> Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a3
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>>
>>
>> "StinkySQL"<StinkySQL@discussions.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
>> news:23AE24E8-101F-406F-8DCD-00B22110C7B1@microsoft.com...
>>>
>>> Its a shame you seem to be talking to yourself so let me add something.
>>>
>>> Same problems with Windows 7 (6.1.7600) and it really is the last two
>>> chapters. I had zero problems before then. I completed one chapter by
>>> just
>>> waiting in a corner and not looking at anything! I would agree with your
>>> assessment of the quality control as there is a LOT more blowing up here
>>> making failure exposure much more likely. If they didn't see it, well ...
>>>
>>> Crysis patches 1, 1.2 and 1.2.1 don't make much difference, nor did the
>>> uninstall and reinstall. I'm running ATI 4850 version 8 drivers and will
>>> see
>>> what an update to the new 9.6 will do.
>>>
>>> SS
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crysis david manvell microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 1 10-22-2008 17:37
Crysis Warhead and Crysis to Steam iDash microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 11 10-01-2008 16:04
crysis Olivier Coste microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 3 12-09-2007 21:38
Who has CRYSIS ? Hu$tler microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 4 09-17-2007 18:01




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:15.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120