How do I get my R/C controller to work in Vista?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

ThePickler

How do I get my R/C controller to work in Vista?

I have a RealFlight R/C Simulator by Great Planes for PC. It is
designed for a serial gameport. I do have a serial to USB adapter for
it. It is not the Interlink model.

My Vista PC does not have a serial gameport. When I try using the USB
adapter it does not recognize my controller.

My Windows XP machine on the other hand does have a serial gameport but
dose not not recognize the controller. When I plug it into the USB on
the same computer it does recognize a Gaming Device is plugged in, but
incorrectly identifies it as a 2 axis and 2 button controller.

Is there an R/C controller driver I can download from somewhere that
will allow it to be recognized on either machines or is there some other
way I can make this work?

--
ThePickler
Chuck

Re: How do I get my R/C controller to work in Vista?
Great planes web site may be of some help, or you might contact them.
There are multiple versions of the real flight hardware that exist. I could
not identify the exact version you have. The web site lists
Game port, parallel, and USB versions.
My controller/adapter is a really old Lew Engineering USB unit. (2001)
http://www.gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm