Bittorrent!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

alekoskaiyao

Bittorrent!

Ok its not about vista but if somebody knows...when i download a torrent
in the bottom of the screen shows me a yellow sign and then a red sign
in the yellow telling connection problems and in the red not connectable
but it still downloads...what kind of problem is this and how can it be
solved?????

--
alekoskaiyao
Andrew Rybenkov

Re: Bittorrent!

> Ok its not about vista but if somebody knows...when i download a torrent
> in the bottom of the screen shows me a yellow sign and then a red sign
> in the yellow telling connection problems and in the red not connectable
> but it still downloads...what kind of problem is this and how can it be
> solved?????

that sign shows a problem with port-forwarding (often erroneously).
google for "utorrent FAQ"

--
Andrew Rybenkov

Crispy2007

Re: Bittorrent!

alekoskaiyao;1105169 Wrote:
> Ok its not about vista but if somebody knows...when i download a torrent
> in the bottom of the screen shows me a yellow sign and then a red sign
> in the yellow telling connection problems and in the red not connectable
> but it still downloads...what kind of problem is this and how can it be
> solved?????

U need to allow a port off your choosing allow it over your router and
firewall otherwise the connection light will still be yellow when it
should be green, what bit torrent cilent are u using?

--
Crispy2007

If you think anyone helped you, don't hesitate to add reputation using
this icon. [image: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9366/repsig.jpg]
panais

Re: Bittorrent!

alekoskaiyao;1105169 Wrote:
> Ok its not about vista but if somebody knows...when i download a torrent
> in the bottom of the screen shows me a yellow sign and then a red sign
> in the yellow telling connection problems and in the red not connectable
> but it still downloads...what kind of problem is this and how can it be
> solved?????

First of all go Control Panel/Firewall/Allow a program through Windows
firewall/mtorrent TCP in+μtorrent UDP in
Prwta apo ola pygene Control Panel/Firewall/Allow a program through
Windows firewall kai kytakse na einai stin lista ta mtorrent TCP in kai
μtorrent UDP in.
What rooter you have?maybe we will need step by step to add the
utorrent port etc so the arrow will get green and the down/up speed
faster.
Pio rooter exeis? isws xrastei vima vima na valoume to port tou
utorrent kai tote tha gynei prasino to velaki kai tha katevazeis me
megalyteres taxytites.

--
panais
Andrew Rybenkov

Re: Bittorrent!
> U need to allow a port off your choosing allow it over your router and
> firewall otherwise the connection light will still be yellow when it
> should be green, what bit torrent cilent are u using?

I have yellow sign all the way with uTorrent, but it doesn't prevent me download/upload.
(and no firewalls/routers here)

--
Andrew Rybenkov

alekoskaiyao

Re: Bittorrent!

bittorrent 6.2

--
alekoskaiyao
alekoskaiyao

Re: Bittorrent!

Yes andrew i have the same with u it doesnt prevent me download but....

--
alekoskaiyao
alekoskaiyao

Re: Bittorrent!

Panai otan les control panel ennoeis pinakas elenxou??k meta firewall
asfaleia???soz t exw sta ellinika..

--
alekoskaiyao
alekoskaiyao

Re: Bittorrent!

oxi dn exei tpt ap t 2 panai

--
alekoskaiyao
Crispy2007

Re: Bittorrent!

Use this site 'PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or
Firewall' (http://portforward.com/) its got most off the routers that
are out there today and it will give step by step instructions on how to
forward ports.