Games only runnig for ten mins

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

smurphus

Games only runnig for ten mins

I have been having a problem with running games for the past few days.
Every time I try to play a game it runs for about 10 minutes before the
game exits to windows with an error box saying the game need to stop
needed to stop with no explanation.
‘biahh.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
close the program and notify you if a solution is available.’
The system has also blue screened once at this point.
This was not an issue before Tuesday (28th July).
I have attempted to reinstall game and this has not worked.
My system is –
Windows Vista Home Basic
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 6000+
2.00GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD4850 Series

Yesterday I installed Brothers in Arms Hells Highway which needs a
CD-Key and online verification and my system did not ask for either of
these and installed the game, I am wondering if this may be related to
the issue.
Thankyou in advance

--
smurphus
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Games only runnig for ten mins
When was the last time you ran a FULL antivirus check with updated
signatures?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"smurphus" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have been having a problem with running games for the past few days.
> Every time I try to play a game it runs for about 10 minutes before the
> game exits to windows with an error box saying the game need to stop
> needed to stop with no explanation.
> 'biahh.exe has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
> close the program and notify you if a solution is available.'
> The system has also blue screened once at this point.
> This was not an issue before Tuesday (28th July).
> I have attempted to reinstall game and this has not worked.
> My system is -
> Windows Vista Home Basic
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 6000+
> 2.00GB RAM
> ATI Radeon HD4850 Series
>
> Yesterday I installed Brothers in Arms Hells Highway which needs a
> CD-Key and online verification and my system did not ask for either of
> these and installed the game, I am wondering if this may be related to
> the issue.
> Thankyou in advance
>

> --
> smurphus

Dustin Harper

Re: Games only runnig for ten mins
You might install CoreTemp and check your system temperatures. It sounds
like you are taxing the system, and it is a heat problem that is causing the
crash. Also, make sure all your drivers are up to date.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@mstechpages.com