Halo 2 Installs then crashes during startup

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

BruDe

Halo 2 Installs then crashes during startup
I had to re-install Halo 2 when I rebuilt my computer. I've had to
re-install several times before I received an installation complete message,
but no desktop icons were installed so I tried running it from startup.exe on
the DVD, then from the harddisk when that didn't work. Both times, the
Microsoft and Bungie into movies were strobing, then as soon as it reaches
the next screen, "Online GamePlay" the computer shuts down.

I've downloaded and installed the latest available Direct X (March 2009),
video and sound drivers with no change. I've also uninstalled the game and
reinstalled.

The components in my system are:

ASUS Rampage Extreme II Motherboard
Intel i7 Extreme 3.2 Ghz
6 Gigs DDR3 Ram 16000
Soundblaster Fatality1
EVGA GTX 295 (with waterblock)
All settings in BIOS are set at default (No Overclocking as yet)
Game is installed on a Velociraptor 150 GB drive.

Any suggestions?
James Matthews

Re: Halo 2 Installs then crashes during startup
Make sure you have fully updated your computer with all msoft updates

--

http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

"BruDe" <BruDe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had to re-install Halo 2 when I rebuilt my computer. I've had to
> re-install several times before I received an installation complete
> message,
> but no desktop icons were installed so I tried running it from startup.exe
> on
> the DVD, then from the harddisk when that didn't work. Both times, the
> Microsoft and Bungie into movies were strobing, then as soon as it reaches
> the next screen, "Online GamePlay" the computer shuts down.
>
> I've downloaded and installed the latest available Direct X (March 2009),
> video and sound drivers with no change. I've also uninstalled the game
> and
> reinstalled.
>
> The components in my system are:
>
> ASUS Rampage Extreme II Motherboard
> Intel i7 Extreme 3.2 Ghz
> 6 Gigs DDR3 Ram 16000
> Soundblaster Fatality1
> EVGA GTX 295 (with waterblock)
> All settings in BIOS are set at default (No Overclocking as yet)
> Game is installed on a Velociraptor 150 GB drive.
>
> Any suggestions?

BruDe

Re: Halo 2 Installs then crashes during startup
Already done James, still no luck and it seems all games are affected.