Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Proxa

Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit

Hello,
i'm a huge call of duty fan.
but whenever i install Call of Duty 1 or it's expansion pack it shows
no problem.
but when I start it up, there is no text
E.g : new game, multiplayer, options,
it's not there.
Does anyone know what this may be causing, i've looked for a couple of
days before posting this.

my Specs :
Windows Vista home premium 32bit
1gig Ram DDR2
Geforce 8600GT
AMD Athlon Dual-Core 4600 +
465Gig hard Drive.

I never had problems with it on this pc when it still had XP.
tried reinstalling vista, same problem.
can't go back to XP, because my internet needs to be reconfigured for
it ><

Thx in advance.

--
Proxa
Crispy2007

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit

Have you updated COD1 and its exp packs?

--
Crispy2007

If you think anyone helped you, don't hesitate to add reputation using
this icon. [image: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9366/repsig.jpg]
Proxa

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit

yes i have.

I've tried opening the game after each patch, 1.0 - 1.5
my motherboard + grafix card etc, also have been updated.
tried to run it as administrator, tried it with UAC on,

Proxa

--
Proxa
Crispy2007

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit

Looks like there has to be a new patch for COD to come out in order to
fix it, but its most licking not going to happened.
The other thing you can do is install XP and run it on that.

Crispy2007;1087215 Wrote:
> Looks like there has to be a new patch for COD to come out in order to
> fix it, but its most licking not going to happened.
> The other thing you can do is install XP and run it on that.

already said i need an engineer to come over and reconfig my whole net,
that's why i haven't installed XP back.

anyway, thx for the replies.

--
Proxa
Spidermask

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit
Try installing some older graphics drivers it has worked for me with
problems in other games, they had problems with vista too.

"Proxa" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Crispy2007;1087215 Wrote:
>> Looks like there has to be a new patch for COD to come out in order to
>> fix it, but its most licking not going to happened.
>> The other thing you can do is install XP and run it on that.

> already said i need an engineer to come over and reconfig my whole net,
> that's why i haven't installed XP back.
>
> anyway, thx for the replies.
>

> --
> Proxa

Spidermask

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit
If that doesn't work you can right click on the short cut and then go to the
compatibility menu, then try to run it in "windows xp service pack 2" mode.

"Proxa" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Crispy2007;1087215 Wrote:
>> Looks like there has to be a new patch for COD to come out in order to
>> fix it, but its most licking not going to happened.
>> The other thing you can do is install XP and run it on that.

> already said i need an engineer to come over and reconfig my whole net,
> that's why i haven't installed XP back.
>
> anyway, thx for the replies.
>

> --
> Proxa

Kieron

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit
You can run the game in Compatibility Mode by right clicking the game's
icon, properties, choosing the compatibility tab and selecting the "Run this
program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP2.

I have also ran Call of Duty 1 and it's expansions on Windows Vista SP1 with
no problems.

> Hello,
> i'm a huge call of duty fan.
> but whenever i install Call of Duty 1 or it's expansion pack it shows
> no problem.
> but when I start it up, there is no text
> E.g : new game, multiplayer, options,
> it's not there.
> Does anyone know what this may be causing, i've looked for a couple of
> days before posting this.
>
> my Specs :
> Windows Vista home premium 32bit
> 1gig Ram DDR2
> Geforce 8600GT
> AMD Athlon Dual-Core 4600 +
> 465Gig hard Drive.
>
> I never had problems with it on this pc when it still had XP.
> tried reinstalling vista, same problem.
> can't go back to XP, because my internet needs to be reconfigured for
> it ><
>
> Thx in advance.
>

> --
> Proxa

Proxa

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit

i already tried the compatiblity mode, I even tried running the setup in
comp mode
I also play recent games, will the older grafix drivers do anything to
that?

Proxa

--
Proxa
Spidermask

Re: Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit
The graphics drivers usually don't make much of a difference, except for
that the newer ones sometimes mess with games.
Also its easy to reinstall the newer graphics driver if that doesn't work.

Spidermask