Full-Screen Graphics Problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

=?Utf-8?B?TGlsbGFkeTc1?=

Full-Screen Graphics Problem
On a few programs, that worked fine on XP, that I use (both cd & online), the
full screen versions do not work properly. Instead of the program opening up
full screen and able to move furthur with the program, it opens full screen
with the pic split into 4 squares.

The bottom left is located in the top right
The bottom right is located in the top left
The top left is located in the bottom right
The top right is located in the bottom left

I have tried running the compatability with XP on all, but to no avail.
Also, I have tried to peak and tweak several different areas (windows
defender, firewall, anti-virus, user account, security settings) with no luck
either.

Thanks in advance.
April

Computer specs
Vista Home Premium
AMD Dual Core 5000+
Nvidia GE Force 6150
2 GB of RAM
=?Utf-8?B?Q0FOVCBQTEFZIE9OIFNPRjIgT1IgRElBQkxPMiBPTiBWSVNUQQ==?=

RE: Full-Screen Graphics Problem
i have the same problem as well i can play my games windowed, but i cant play
full screen, next minute i know it says my igfx driver not responding.

"Lillady75" wrote:

> On a few programs, that worked fine on XP, that I use (both cd & online), the
> full screen versions do not work properly. Instead of the program opening up
> full screen and able to move furthur with the program, it opens full screen
> with the pic split into 4 squares.
>
> The bottom left is located in the top right
> The bottom right is located in the top left
> The top left is located in the bottom right
> The top right is located in the bottom left
>
> I have tried running the compatability with XP on all, but to no avail.
> Also, I have tried to peak and tweak several different areas (windows
> defender, firewall, anti-virus, user account, security settings) with no luck
> either.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> April
>

> Computer specs
> Vista Home Premium
> AMD Dual Core 5000+
> Nvidia GE Force 6150
> 2 GB of RAM

=?Utf-8?B?TGlsbGFkeTc1?=

RE: Full-Screen Graphics Problem
I figured out what the problem was (for at least some of my games). I had the
wrong driver installed for my graphics card. So I would suggest that you make
sure the driver you have for your graphics card is updated and for vista.
Nvidia has one, I just had to search for "Nvidia Graphics 6150 driver" and
the correct one poped up. Then I read through their installation procedures
and followed them to a tee. I hope you get yours working as well.

"CANT PLAY ON SOF2 OR DIABLO2 ON VISTA" wrote:

> i have the same problem as well i can play my games windowed, but i cant play
> full screen, next minute i know it says my igfx driver not responding.
>
> "Lillady75" wrote:
>
> > On a few programs, that worked fine on XP, that I use (both cd & online), the
> > full screen versions do not work properly. Instead of the program opening up
> > full screen and able to move furthur with the program, it opens full screen
> > with the pic split into 4 squares.
> >
> > The bottom left is located in the top right
> > The bottom right is located in the top left
> > The top left is located in the bottom right
> > The top right is located in the bottom left
> >
> > I have tried running the compatability with XP on all, but to no avail.
> > Also, I have tried to peak and tweak several different areas (windows
> > defender, firewall, anti-virus, user account, security settings) with no luck
> > either.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > April
> >

> > Computer specs
> > Vista Home Premium
> > AMD Dual Core 5000+
> > Nvidia GE Force 6150
> > 2 GB of RAM

Wulf-359

"Lillady75" wrote:

> I figured out what the problem was (for at least some of my games). I had the
> wrong driver installed for my graphics card. So I would suggest that you make
> sure the driver you have for your graphics card is updated and for vista.
> Nvidia has one, I just had to search for "Nvidia Graphics 6150 driver" and
> the correct one poped up. Then I read through their installation procedures
> and followed them to a tee. I hope you get yours working as well.
>
> "CANT PLAY ON SOF2 OR DIABLO2 ON VISTA" wrote:
>
> > i have the same problem as well i can play my games windowed, but i cant play
> > full screen, next minute i know it says my igfx driver not responding.
> >
> > "Lillady75" wrote:
> >
> > > On a few programs, that worked fine on XP, that I use (both cd & online), the
> > > full screen versions do not work properly. Instead of the program opening up
> > > full screen and able to move furthur with the program, it opens full screen
> > > with the pic split into 4 squares.
> > >
> > > The bottom left is located in the top right
> > > The bottom right is located in the top left
> > > The top left is located in the bottom right
> > > The top right is located in the bottom left
> > >
> > > I have tried running the compatability with XP on all, but to no avail.
> > > Also, I have tried to peak and tweak several different areas (windows
> > > defender, firewall, anti-virus, user account, security settings) with no luck
> > > either.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > April
> > >

> > > Computer specs
> > > Vista Home Premium
> > > AMD Dual Core 5000+
> > > Nvidia GE Force 6150
> > > 2 GB of RAM

Your problem is what I have been having, and the system listed above is
almost the same. But the computer came with whatever it came with, (not
mine) and I am leary about trying to load new drivers, since the rest of it
is working fine, and this is what came with the system (OS and video card and
drivers).

After alot of searching, I finally see I am not the only one having this
problem. Thought I was going crazy.