Re: problems with Half Life 2: Deathmatch
1) Update sound drivers
2) Update Video card drivers
3) If ur using another version from Vista Basic, it's possible that
more resources are being allocated to Aero...
to solve this:
(From outside Game explorer)
a. Right click on ur games' icons..
b. Go to Properties
c. Click on the Tab called "Compatibility'
d. Mark 'Disable Visual Themes' and 'Disable Desktop Composition'
(From inside Games Exporer)
i. Right click on Games icon
ii. Press 'Customize'
iii. Highlight 'Play' and press 'Edit'
iv. go to step 'a.' above
4) Close all programs that can be suspicious to do this...
any other non-windows program from the System Tray
5) Turn off the internet and try playing again...
6) If none of the above work, disable UAC, reboot, then try playing...
7) Now if none of the above help, wait for someone else to try to help