Vista games not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

=?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Z2Fsb25n?=

Vista games not working
i have just installed vista home premium. a clean install .When i try to run
the vista games some wont start and give a error message .saying ie
Executable for Mahjong Titans game has stopped working .this happens with all
the games.Pocessor is AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.00Ghz . 1022 MB Mem 32 operating
sytem till my upgrade comes from microsoft. graphics Radeon X800GT.
anybody have any ideas
regards
Paul
nick

Re: Vista games not working
most older games dont work from a fresh install. if you can get the game to
install then thats half your problemsolved just right click on the shortcut
and select xpsp2 compat or win98 if the games realy old 9/10 times that
works
"Chugalong" <Chugalong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have just installed vista home premium. a clean install .When i try to
>run
> the vista games some wont start and give a error message .saying ie
> Executable for Mahjong Titans game has stopped working .this happens with
> all
> the games.Pocessor is AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.00Ghz . 1022 MB Mem 32
> operating
> sytem till my upgrade comes from microsoft. graphics Radeon X800GT.
> anybody have any ideas
> regards
> Paul

=?Utf-8?B?Y2h1Z2Fsb25n?=

Re: Vista games not working
thanks but this doesnt realy help as the games in question are the microsoft
games that are part of vista ie mahjong titans inkball freecell

"nick" wrote:

> most older games dont work from a fresh install. if you can get the game to
> install then thats half your problemsolved just right click on the shortcut
> and select xpsp2 compat or win98 if the games realy old 9/10 times that
> works
> "Chugalong" <Chugalong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have just installed vista home premium. a clean install .When i try to
> >run
> > the vista games some wont start and give a error message .saying ie
> > Executable for Mahjong Titans game has stopped working .this happens with
> > all
> > the games.Pocessor is AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.00Ghz . 1022 MB Mem 32
> > operating
> > sytem till my upgrade comes from microsoft. graphics Radeon X800GT.
> > anybody have any ideas
> > regards
> > Paul

samsneed

Re: Vista games not working

I too also have this problem, it seems to be only the games that are
developed by OBERON or OBERON/MICROSOFT!

The games by MICROSOFT are fine and run properly. Could this be a
coincidence?

I have no idea how to contact OBERON as there is no contact info on
their website.

MICROSOFT has advised to re-install OS (which i did) and nothing has
changed - they seem to know just as us on VISTA

If any luck in sortin this prob out, i would lover the help

Thanks

Sam

--
samsneed
samsneed's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23279

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?ZWpjMDQy?=

Re: Vista games not working
try this
Control Panel--Programs--Turn Windows features on/off
turn on games and let machine process this request
Control Panel--Programs--Turn Windows features on/off
turn off games and let machine process this request
restart computer
Control Panel--Programs--Turn Windows features on/off
turn on games and let machine process this request
restart computer
my games workes after this procedure

"samsneed" wrote:

> I too also have this problem, it seems to be only the games that are
> developed by OBERON or OBERON/MICROSOFT!
>
> The games by MICROSOFT are fine and run properly. Could this be a
> coincidence?
>
> I have no idea how to contact OBERON as there is no contact info on
> their website.
>
> MICROSOFT has advised to re-install OS (which i did) and nothing has
> changed - they seem to know just as us on VISTA
>
> If any luck in sortin this prob out, i would lover the help
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam
>

> --
> samsneed
> samsneed's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23279
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=692260
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

samsneed

Re: Vista games not working

thanks, i have tried, but it still does not help.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it? if so ...
how? pls pls