sims pets not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

hannahsmom1

sims pets not working

ok i bought sims 2 delux last year. it worked fine on my comp. then i
uninstalled it cuz i didnt use it often. so today i got all the rest of
the expansion pack up o pets. everything installed fine, but when i try
to play pets it asks me to put the pets disc in first then retry. but
the disc is already in. everything was updated so i dont need patches
but i dont know what else to do to fix it. HELP ME. im not exactly a
computer genius so please explain when trying to help. thanks.

--
hannahsmom1
hannahsmom1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/102500.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

RlynnS

Re: sims pets not working

It could be one of several problems. (I'm no computer genius either, but
I have been having several problems running the sims on my computer
since I had the motherboard and hard drive replaced.)
I get that message from time to time. Just tell it okay, put the disk
back in and retry.
If that doesn't work, try running in the different compatibility modes.
If that wont work, try running it as administrator.
Be careful of people who tell you that it could be a graphics card
problem, because as you said, the game worked fine before.
I have a topic about slightly different, but possibly relevant issues.
If you want to see it, it is here:
http://tinyurl.com/kpsyv3

--
RlynnS
DarkNight

Re: sims pets not working
Because there are two of you complaining about the same type of issue, why
not try to get a NO CD for the game. Everybody says its illegal though...

"hannahsmom1" <hannahsmom1.3t33rb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> ok i bought sims 2 delux last year. it worked fine on my comp. then i
> uninstalled it cuz i didnt use it often. so today i got all the rest of
> the expansion pack up o pets. everything installed fine, but when i try
> to play pets it asks me to put the pets disc in first then retry. but
> the disc is already in. everything was updated so i dont need patches
> but i dont know what else to do to fix it. HELP ME. im not exactly a
> computer genius so please explain when trying to help. thanks.
>

> --
> hannahsmom1
> hannahsmom1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/102500.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...es/1189692.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Sims not working =?Utf-8?B?cm9ja29uem9tYmll?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 20 12-24-2008 10:57
Sims 2 Seasons & Pets installation issues in Vista viola sphinx microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 4 08-10-2008 18:06
Angel Pets 2.0 Gamer Games Feed 0 12-11-2007 14:10
RE: Sims not working =?Utf-8?B?REVOSVNF?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 0 03-28-2007 01:55
RE: Sims not working =?Utf-8?B?THlubmU=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 0 03-28-2007 01:13