FSX or FS2004

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

rschrock

FSX or FS2004

I have FSX, although I am having problems running it on Vista, but I
have seen alot of contradictions between the two: some saying FS2004 is
better, some saying FSX is better. I like FSX, but am curious as to
what the consensus on here is. FSX or FS2004?

--
rschrock
corei7

Re: FSX or FS2004

FSX Will need a good graphics card and a lot of memory. FS 2004 can run
on ultra high without any problems. I suggest not using fsx unless you
have a decent graphics card and atleast 4GB DDR3 RAM.

--
corei7
rschrock

Re: FSX or FS2004

corei7;1051670 Wrote:
> FSX Will need a good graphics card and a lot of memory. FS 2004 can run
> on ultra high without any problems. I suggest not using fsx unless you
> have a decent graphics card and atleast 4GB DDR3 RAM.

Unfortunatly, FSX is having issues with my new computer, which is far
more powerful than my old computer which it ran fine on, except I wanted
better graphics. My old computer ran XP, but the new one runs Vista,
which I think is the problem. Will FS2004 run on Vista? If so, I'll
dump FSX, and I'll get FS2004. The FSX technician has been working on
my problem, and still he can't figure out what is causing the
application error. It's bad when the expert on the software can't
figure out why it won't install all the files (12.8 GB instead of >13
GB). I just want to fly.

--
rschrock
rasso

Re: FSX or FS2004

I used to play FSX with nvidia 8600M GS and 4 gb ram on my
laptop....and i used to play at directx10 perfectly...

--
rasso
rschrock

Re: FSX or FS2004

This is what the new system I got has:

-Intel Pentium dual-core E5200 (2.5GHz, 2MB)
-4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHZ- 4X1GB,DIM,M
-ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB supporting HDMI
-500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)
-Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Based on that, I should be able to run FSX without any problems. Even
the MSFS help desk guys told me that. I would have preferred XP over
Vista, but I had no choice.

--
rschrock
corei7

Re: FSX or FS2004

There you go it's your graphics card which is not good, try putting in
512MB ATI Radeon 4850. Yes, fs 2004 is compatible with vista, i have
both versions of of flight sim, works perfect without any trouble. Also
your cpu is not that great try getting a quad core or intel core 2 duo
(which one i don't know) get the clock speed like 2.6GHZ or higher.
There is nothing wrong with your ram,hard drive, operating system.

--
corei7

My computer specification:

Intel corei7920,6GB DDR3 Ram.750GB Hard drive,512MB ATI Radeion 4850
Graphics card.
rschrock

Re: FSX or FS2004

corei7;1052557 Wrote:
> There you go it's your graphics card which is not good, try putting in
> 512MB ATI Radeon 4850. Yes, fs 2004 is compatible with vista, i have
> both versions of of flight sim, works perfect without any trouble. Also
> your cpu is not that great try getting a quad core or intel core 2 duo
> (which one i don't know) get the clock speed like 2.6GHZ or higher.
> There is nothing wrong with your ram,hard drive, operating system.

So, if I upgraded it with an Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q9400 (6MB L2
2.66 GHz 1333 FSB), and an XFX-ATI Radeon HD4650 1 GB DDR2 PCI Express
Graphics Card, I should be good to go?

--
rschrock
rschrock

Re: FSX or FS2004

corei7;1052557 Wrote:
> There you go it's your graphics card which is not good, try putting in
> 512MB ATI Radeon 4850. Yes, fs 2004 is compatible with vista, i have
> both versions of of flight sim, works perfect without any trouble. Also
> your cpu is not that great try getting a quad core or intel core 2 duo
> (which one i don't know) get the clock speed like 2.6GHZ or higher.
> There is nothing wrong with your ram,hard drive, operating system.

OK, here's what I just ordered:
-2.66

--
rschrock
rschrock

Re: FSX or FS2004

corei7;1052557 Wrote:
> There you go it's your graphics card which is not good, try putting in
> 512MB ATI Radeon 4850. Yes, fs 2004 is compatible with vista, i have
> both versions of of flight sim, works perfect without any trouble. Also
> your cpu is not that great try getting a quad core or intel core 2 duo
> (which one i don't know) get the clock speed like 2.6GHZ or higher.
> There is nothing wrong with your ram,hard drive, operating system.

OK, here's what I just ordered:
-2.66 GHz Core 2 Quad Processor Q9400
-Radeon HD 4850 512 MB DDR3 PCle Graphics card

Look good?

--
rschrock
corei7

Re: FSX or FS2004

rschrock;1052601 Wrote:
> > corei7;1052557 Wrote:
> > There you go it's your graphics card which is not good, try putting in
> > 512MB ATI Radeon 4850. Yes, fs 2004 is compatible with vista, i have
> > both versions of of flight sim, works perfect without any trouble. Also
> > your cpu is not that great try getting a quad core or intel core 2 duo
> > (which one i don't know) get the clock speed like 2.6GHZ or higher.
> > There is nothing wrong with your ram,hard drive, operating system.> >

> So, if I upgraded it with an Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q9400 (6MB
> L2 2.66 GHz 1333 FSB), and an XFX-ATI Radeon HD4650 1 GB DDR2 PCI
> Express Graphics Card, I should be good to go?

yep, that will be fine.