Can not delete the NCSoft folder from the X86 group

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

drybones

Can not delete the NCSoft folder from the X86 group
Running Vista Home Premium 64 bit as Owner and administrator.

In the attempt clean up unused folders within the X86 file folder I ran
across this troublesome Croft folder that gives the following Access Denial:
"You need permission to perform this action"

Will some kind person please explain to this 80 year old just what I need to
do
to rid my Computer of this argumentative folder? Have enough arguments with
83 year wife.

Thanks for all replies.
--
Barron AKA drybones

Joe

Re: Can not delete the NCSoft folder from the X86 group
"drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in

> Running Vista Home Premium 64 bit as Owner and administrator.
>
> In the attempt clean up unused folders within the X86 file folder I
> ran across this troublesome Croft folder that gives the following
> Access Denial:
> "You need permission to perform this action"
>
> Will some kind person please explain to this 80 year old just what I
> need to do
> to rid my Computer of this argumentative folder? Have enough arguments
> with 83 year wife.
>
> Thanks for all replies.

Well, folders in Program Files (x86) folder are usually removed by
uninstalling applications. NCSoft folder relates to any of NC Software's
games (Dungeon Runners, City of Heroes, etc.)

If you tried to delete the folder, and there was a file in use in Vista
then you can't delete that folder.

Best thing to do is get the NC Soft Installer (you can download it from
NCSoft.com I think) install it again on your system. Once the program is
installed and running correctly, then you can "uninstall" the application
and Windows should remove the folder and close all files in use in Vista.

Go to your control panel
Go to "Programs and Features" (Add/Remove Programs)
Find the NC Soft games or just the NCSoft Installer
Select one of these programs and click uninstall above the list.
follow the directions to remove the program properly from your system.

Write back if you need more help. Good luck with the wifey.

--
Joe
Zet X Hikari

Re: Can not delete the NCSoft folder from the X86 group
It's also entirely possible your anti-virus software may have quarantined
something in that folder. I encountered that once with another game.

If Joe's solution doesn't work, check your security software to see if it's
quarantined anything from those folders, since some leave the file in the
folder, just inaccessible, which would prevent a reinstall/uninstall from
working.