wondering ideal temp also whats wrong with it lol

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Shawn4455

wondering ideal temp also whats wrong with it lol

Im currently playing Devil may cry 4 and i played for a bit and looked
at the peak of the temp with speed fan its peak is 64C is that a lot???
for a PNY GEFORCE 9600GT

I was wondering cause after playing for a couple hours or so sometimes
my monitor goes to sleep and i have to hold the button down on my tower
and restart everything for it to come back on i have the right PSU to
power my G/F card why does it sleep like that??

--
Shawn4455
Shawn4455

Re: wondering ideal temp also whats wrong with it lol

Bump

--
Shawn4455
RalfG

"Shawn4455" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Im currently playing Devil may cry 4 and i played for a bit and looked
> at the peak of the temp with speed fan its peak is 64C is that a lot???
> for a PNY GEFORCE 9600GT
>
> I was wondering cause after playing for a couple hours or so sometimes
> my monitor goes to sleep and i have to hold the button down on my tower
> and restart everything for it to come back on i have the right PSU to
> power my G/F card why does it sleep like that??
>

> --
> Shawn4455

According to the specs page at the link below, the maximum temperature for
that GPU is 105C, so you're getting no where close to it unless that
temperature reading is incorrect. The problem could be in the monitor
itself.

If heat is causing a problem with the video card, it isn't going to sleep
it is experiencing a breakdown. Possibly some circuit opening up somewhere
and the video signal to the monitor is being interupted (could be worse, PCs
are often crashed). Doesn't necessarily have to be a fault in the GPU
itself, it could be any circuit on the card, be it a micro fracture in a
copper trace or a solder join opening up as the card heats up or even a
circuit inside a chip.

Check if the same thing happens with a different monitor to eliminate the
monitor itself as being the problem. If possible check also with a different
video card just to make sure the cause of the issue isn't something else in
your computer.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...9600gt_us.html