Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

FrozenLord

Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

Hi,

I've got a problem with my Vista Home Premium x64 and haven't found a
solution so far.
My PC started recently to minimize some games to the tray when I start
them.
Those games are:
- Sacred Gold
- Ghost Recon (inlcuding both addons)
- Tom Clancy's HAWX Demo
- Braid Demo

I can't figure out what's causing this...
The problem only started to occur recently - I don't know why. I
uninstalled everything I had installed recently, but to no avail.

My Specs are:
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 (all updates installed)
Core 2 Duo T7200
4 GB Ram
Comodo Firewall (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)
avast Anti Virus (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)

Any tips and / or clues would be much appreciated :-)
FrozenLord

--
FrozenLord
Adam Casada

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically
One idea I have - you might check the properties of the shortcut you're
using to run the games. If, in the "Shortcut" tab, the "run" option is set
to "minimized", change it to "normal window".

- Adam

"FrozenLord" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with my Vista Home Premium x64 and haven't found a
> solution so far.
> My PC started recently to minimize some games to the tray when I start
> them.
> Those games are:
> - Sacred Gold
> - Ghost Recon (inlcuding both addons)
> - Tom Clancy's HAWX Demo
> - Braid Demo
>
> I can't figure out what's causing this...
> The problem only started to occur recently - I don't know why. I
> uninstalled everything I had installed recently, but to no avail.
>
> My Specs are:
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 (all updates installed)
> Core 2 Duo T7200
> 4 GB Ram
> Comodo Firewall (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)
> avast Anti Virus (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)
>
> Any tips and / or clues would be much appreciated :-)
> FrozenLord
>

> --
> FrozenLord

FrozenLord

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

Thanks for the tip but unfortunatelly, this isn't the case.

I'm still clueless about why this problem occurs :-(.

Some sites report, that Comodo is causing this or the Skype 4 Beta -
which I have both installed. But deactivating (or exiting) both - which
is recommended on those sites to solve those problems in 100% of the
cases - didn't do anything for me.

--
FrozenLord
Adam Casada

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically
Is there another program starting up at the same time that is demanding to
be switched to, therefore causing any other windows (i.e. your games) to
minimize?

> Thanks for the tip but unfortunatelly, this isn't the case.
>
> I'm still clueless about why this problem occurs :-(.
>
> Some sites report, that Comodo is causing this or the Skype 4 Beta -
> which I have both installed. But deactivating (or exiting) both - which
> is recommended on those sites to solve those problems in 100% of the
> cases - didn't do anything for me.
>

> --
> FrozenLord

x-commando

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically
I had the same problem on vista 32 with some games - the problem was coming
from the mouse which i changed recently...

"Adam Casada" <abcasada@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Is there another program starting up at the same time that is demanding to
> be switched to, therefore causing any other windows (i.e. your games) to
> minimize?
>
> "FrozenLord" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thanks for the tip but unfortunatelly, this isn't the case.
>>
>> I'm still clueless about why this problem occurs :-(.
>>
>> Some sites report, that Comodo is causing this or the Skype 4 Beta -
>> which I have both installed. But deactivating (or exiting) both - which
>> is recommended on those sites to solve those problems in 100% of the
>> cases - didn't do anything for me.
>>

>> --
>> FrozenLord

FrozenLord

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

Unfortunatelly, it's neither the mouse (a Logitech RX1000) nor a
different app.
The PC idles when I start up the game and I don't see any app when the
game minimizes that would need my attention.
I've got a Logitech V470, too. So I tried using that mouse and it
didn't help :-(

--
FrozenLord
nick66

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

I am having the same problem with my vista (ultimate 32 bit), and I also
couldn't find a solution.

I have noticed that when I start some games, windows gives me a popoup
that says that it had to change my visual theme to basic, not that it
actually solves the problem... I have set my visual theme to windows
basic my self to see if it helps and it doesn't.

I have read on some other forums that some people has started getting
the problem after installing updates.

--
nick66
nick66's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95792.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

FrozenLord

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

I've reinstalled my machine and am using Vista x86 now.
Windows is 100% up to date and the problem hasn't happened again yet.
Vista changes the theme to Basic as soon as you start a fullscreen
game. As far as I know that's Vista's normal behaviour.

--
FrozenLord
sammysamness

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

if anyone wants a quick solution
open the "failed full screen thing'
win+tab to it and right click it
it seems to work on mine
i have the same problem

--
sammysamness
sammysamness

Re: Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

oh but you need to assign a win+tab key to another key
like mine is set to left scroll
then you can scroll through and right click

--
sammysamness