Re: Oblivion not loading

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

fffhurst@gmail.com

Re: Oblivion not loading
On Mar 30, 3:53*pm, Joe <J...@public.tv> wrote:
> GloryOblivion <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote innews:79cf3cea07ba8dc4114c99c16c364b9b@nntp-gateway.com:
>

> > Hello, i got The Elder ScrollsObliviongame of the year edition, a
> > few weeks ago and have been having problems installing on my computer
> > since. I put the disk in and nothing happens, the computer does not
> > read it. when i go into computer and double click the dvd drive it
> > should be in, a message appears asking me to insert the disk.
> > I bought this computer from pc world around two months ago. my
> > computer runs 64bitvistaim wondering if this could be the problem?
> > or could it be my graphics card has not got the performance to play
> > the game therefor my computer does not run it. iv done a restore of
> > where i turn everything off in the background to see if the disk will
> > be read, and the same old thing happens. iv been wanting to play this
> > game for a year or so now and cannot seem to fix the problem. iv
> > spoked to theobliviontechnical help service and they still cannot
> > conclude the problem. also i rang pc world up and they told me to try
> > to speek to the game designers and ask of a patch or online download
> > where by i can download straight to my computer. i so far cannot find
> > any patch or download to take from oblivions site, and have not found
> > the number to get in contact with the game designers.
> > My computer info:
> > Manufacturer: Advent
> > Processor:AMD PhenomÖ 9550 Quad-core Processor 2.2GHz
> > Memory(RAM):4.00GB

> > My dvd multi recorder driver is a samsung product:TSST Corp CDDVDW
> > TS-H653F ATA Device
> > Is there anychance this could be my 64bit?

> Yeah, most software you can't download online unless you're priating
> from Piratebay or something.
>
> Best bet is to call the tech support line in the back of the manual.
>
> Did you try the DVD in another computer?
>
> It's not 64-bit, sounds like the DVD is bad or your DVD drive is bad.
>
> Any other games working or not working?
>
> a Patch is not going to fix this problem, the game DVD isn't reading,
> once the game is installed if you still have problems, then seek a
> patch.
>
> --
> Joe

Hi All,

I am having the same problem. This is the same problem that a lot of
people have had with Vista, as I've seen similar error messages posted
on the web. Here is mine:

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (3085)

PAPP:Oblivion
PVENDOR:Bethesda Softworks (http://www.bethsoft.com)
PGUID:35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows Service Pack 1 (6001) BT_OTHER 17472.251

Anyone who can help it would be appreciated. I've tried running the
setup program in a number of compatibility modes to no avail.