Re: Scarface the world is yours, problems with graphic

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

PAccO

Re: Scarface the world is yours, problems with graphic

same here
i believe that this problem is caused from the release copany.
they just didnt finish the game neither they checked it...

--
PAccO
beeran

Re: Scarface the world is yours, problems with graphic

If anyone is having "graphics" issues (world is missing textures/
graphics look inverted.) while trying to play scarface twiy on Vista ..
try disabling all but one cpu on your system. The option is available
through "msconfig" and going to "boot" > "advanced options" , tick the
checkbox and choose 1 cpu , reboot and load the game.

The game ran fine on XP , core 2 duo, nvidia Geforce 7950 but changing
to "Vista, quadcore cpu and sli 9800gtx cards proved to much for this
game

--
beeran
Joe

Re: Scarface the world is yours, problems with graphic
beeran <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> If anyone is having "graphics" issues (world is missing textures/
> graphics look inverted.) while trying to play scarface twiy on Vista ..
> try disabling all but one cpu on your system. The option is available
> through "msconfig" and going to "boot" > "advanced options" , tick the
> checkbox and choose 1 cpu , reboot and load the game.
>
> The game ran fine on XP , core 2 duo, nvidia Geforce 7950 but changing
> to "Vista, quadcore cpu and sli 9800gtx cards proved to much for this
> game

Last time I had missing textures in a game my video card chipset was
defective. Try taking out one of your cards, run the game, if the same
problems occur, try the game with the other card (only, no SLI).

If the problem goes away with a single card, but appears with the other
then toss that card to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Problem with SLI and RAID is the chance of failure increases as you add
more hardware.

--
Joe
beeran

Re: Scarface the world is yours, problems with graphic

Just posted this "solution" for people who wants to play scarface , i
dont have any problems with my cards/SLI , playing other games works
just fine.

ps. this is not the first time "disabling" CPU's helps with games ,
first time i encountered this solution was for the game "Broken Sword 4
- The Angel Of Death" where characters where black/missing.

The issue is not related to broken video cards/chipset or SLI , as
other gamers had the same issue when gaming on Vista as was the case
with Broken Sword 4.

I believe that the theory is that the problem only exists due to Nvidia
having problems with multiple CPU's on Vista plattform and in
correleation to certain games(Older games i.e) can't remember where now
but i have read about this before.

--
beeran