Horizontal Span Dual Monitor

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Dave Cox

Horizontal Span Dual Monitor
Vista 32 & Nvidia

Is there anyway to set "Horizontal Span" across two monitors?

Burnout Paradise has the option to run 1,2 or 3 monitors but requires
the Horizontal Span feature.

The Extending the desktop to a second monitor setting does not work.

Basically I need something that will allow me to set a 3300x1050
desktop resolution across both monitors. I've tried creating a custom
resolution in the Nvidia control panel but that didn't work.

For those that will suggest Ultramon there isn't a Horizontal span
feature that I could find anyways.

Browsing Google for an hour or so just came up with others looking for
an answer as well. Just thought I'd come to where the smart people are
and ask. lol

TIA
Dave.

John

Re: Horizontal Span Dual Monitor
Horizontal span? Is that like Restore from Fullscreen and stretching it
across monitors?

John

"Dave Cox" <dcox1961@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Vista 32 & Nvidia
>
> Is there anyway to set "Horizontal Span" across two monitors?
>
> Burnout Paradise has the option to run 1,2 or 3 monitors but requires
> the Horizontal Span feature.
>
> The Extending the desktop to a second monitor setting does not work.
>
> Basically I need something that will allow me to set a 3300x1050
> desktop resolution across both monitors. I've tried creating a custom
> resolution in the Nvidia control panel but that didn't work.
>
> For those that will suggest Ultramon there isn't a Horizontal span
> feature that I could find anyways.
>
> Browsing Google for an hour or so just came up with others looking for
> an answer as well. Just thought I'd come to where the smart people are
> and ask. lol
>
> TIA
> Dave.

Dave Cox

Re: Horizontal Span Dual Monitor
"John" <John@UseGroupOnly.com> wrote in

> Horizontal span? Is that like Restore from Fullscreen and
> stretching it across monitors?
>
> John
>
> "Dave Cox" <dcox1961@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Vista 32 & Nvidia
>>
>> Is there anyway to set "Horizontal Span" across two monitors?
>>
>> Burnout Paradise has the option to run 1,2 or 3 monitors but
>> requires the Horizontal Span feature.
>>
>> The Extending the desktop to a second monitor setting does not
>> work.
>>
>> Basically I need something that will allow me to set a 3300x1050
>> desktop resolution across both monitors. I've tried creating a
>> custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel but that didn't
>> work.
>>
>> For those that will suggest Ultramon there isn't a Horizontal
>> span feature that I could find anyways.
>>
>> Browsing Google for an hour or so just came up with others
>> looking for an answer as well. Just thought I'd come to where the
>> smart people are and ask. lol
>>
>> TIA
>> Dave.

Yes Horizontal span will "Stretch" the desktop across two monitors
(the task bar will also stretch across the second monitor)

When you "Extend" the desktop the task bar only shows on one (the
primary) monitor.

Windows XP had/has the horizontal span feature with the Nvidia
drivers from what I have read on the web.

Joe

Re: Horizontal Span Dual Monitor
Dave Cox <dcox1961@gmail.com> wrote in news:Xns9BE6A7A89D76Fdcoxgmailcom@
207.46.248.16:

> Yes Horizontal span will "Stretch" the desktop across two monitors
> (the task bar will also stretch across the second monitor)
>
> When you "Extend" the desktop the task bar only shows on one (the
> primary) monitor.
>
> Windows XP had/has the horizontal span feature with the Nvidia
> drivers from what I have read on the web.

I think it's called Dual View mode, Basically it makes Windows think you
have one huge monitor instead of 2 monitors sitting side by side.

Never heard of a game requiring that mode, I guess it makes sense.

--
Joe
Katy Pluta

Re: Horizontal Span Dual Monitor
It is not available by default in Vista anymore like it was in XP,
thanks to the new drivers specifications...

All the Best
Katy Pluta