Oblivion not loading

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

GloryOblivion

Oblivion not loading

Hello, i got The Elder Scrolls Oblivion game of the year edition, a few
weeks ago and have been having problems installing on my computer since.
I put the disk in and nothing happens, the computer does not read it.
when i go into computer and double click the dvd drive it should be in,
a message appears asking me to insert the disk.
I bought this computer from pc world around two months ago. my computer
runs 64bit vista im wondering if this could be the problem? or could it
be my graphics card has not got the performance to play the game
therefor my computer does not run it. iv done a restore of where i turn
everything off in the background to see if the disk will be read, and
the same old thing happens. iv been wanting to play this game for a year
or so now and cannot seem to fix the problem. iv spoked to the oblivion
technical help service and they still cannot conclude the problem. also
i rang pc world up and they told me to try to speek to the game
designers and ask of a patch or online download where by i can download
straight to my computer. i so far cannot find any patch or download to
take from oblivions site, and have not found the number to get in
contact with the game designers.
My computer info:
Manufacturer: Advent
Processor:AMD Phenom™ 9550 Quad-core Processor 2.2GHz
Memory(RAM):4.00GB

My dvd multi recorder driver is a samsung product:TSST Corp CDDVDW
TS-H653F ATA Device
Is there anychance this could be my 64bit?
thanks

--
GloryOblivion
mansrm81

Re: Oblivion not loading

Is this the only game that has the problem. Here is a link so you can
download some patches.

'The Elder Scrolls'
(http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...es_patches.htm)

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
GloryOblivion

Re: Oblivion not loading

see iv been looking over them and none are like online downloads, i
couldnt install lord of the rings battle for middle earth two either, as
it was not read, i hope oblivion will bring out where i can download
online, them patches i think just help errors on the game

--
GloryOblivion
Rudolf Kemnitz

Re: Oblivion not loading

"GloryOblivion" <guest@unknown-email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hello, i got The Elder Scrolls Oblivion game of the year edition, a few
> weeks ago and have been having problems installing on my computer since.
> I put the disk in and nothing happens, the computer does not read it.
> when i go into computer and double click the dvd drive it should be in,
> a message appears asking me to insert the disk.
> I bought this computer from pc world around two months ago. my computer
> runs 64bit vista im wondering if this could be the problem? or could it
> be my graphics card has not got the performance to play the game
> therefor my computer does not run it. iv done a restore of where i turn
> everything off in the background to see if the disk will be read, and
> the same old thing happens. iv been wanting to play this game for a year
> or so now and cannot seem to fix the problem. iv spoked to the oblivion
> technical help service and they still cannot conclude the problem. also
> i rang pc world up and they told me to try to speek to the game
> designers and ask of a patch or online download where by i can download
> straight to my computer. i so far cannot find any patch or download to
> take from oblivions site, and have not found the number to get in
> contact with the game designers.
> My computer info:
> Manufacturer: Advent
> Processor:AMD PhenomT 9550 Quad-core Processor 2.2GHz
> Memory(RAM):4.00GB
>
> My dvd multi recorder driver is a samsung product:TSST Corp CDDVDW
> TS-H653F ATA Device
> Is there anychance this could be my 64bit?
> thanks
>

> --
> GloryOblivion

HI GloryOblivion...

I got also Oblivion, and I also got Win Vista Ultimate 64 Bit...
And it work well...
I did have also the same probs that you got, so I did try a new DVD rom, and
it work well...

Bye, DUDI ;-)

--
http://www.gamestar.de/community/josches/ (Profil by Gamestar)
http://www.xfire.com/profile/dudi1969/ (Profil by Xfire)

Joe

Re: Oblivion not loading
GloryOblivion <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> Hello, i got The Elder Scrolls Oblivion game of the year edition, a
> few weeks ago and have been having problems installing on my computer
> since. I put the disk in and nothing happens, the computer does not
> read it. when i go into computer and double click the dvd drive it
> should be in, a message appears asking me to insert the disk.
> I bought this computer from pc world around two months ago. my
> computer runs 64bit vista im wondering if this could be the problem?
> or could it be my graphics card has not got the performance to play
> the game therefor my computer does not run it. iv done a restore of
> where i turn everything off in the background to see if the disk will
> be read, and the same old thing happens. iv been wanting to play this
> game for a year or so now and cannot seem to fix the problem. iv
> spoked to the oblivion technical help service and they still cannot
> conclude the problem. also i rang pc world up and they told me to try
> to speek to the game designers and ask of a patch or online download
> where by i can download straight to my computer. i so far cannot find
> any patch or download to take from oblivions site, and have not found
> the number to get in contact with the game designers.
> My computer info:
> Manufacturer: Advent
> Processor:AMD Phenom™ 9550 Quad-core Processor 2.2GHz
> Memory(RAM):4.00GB
>
> My dvd multi recorder driver is a samsung product:TSST Corp CDDVDW
> TS-H653F ATA Device
> Is there anychance this could be my 64bit?

Yeah, most software you can't download online unless you're priating
from Piratebay or something.

Best bet is to call the tech support line in the back of the manual.

Did you try the DVD in another computer?

It's not 64-bit, sounds like the DVD is bad or your DVD drive is bad.

Any other games working or not working?

a Patch is not going to fix this problem, the game DVD isn't reading,
once the game is installed if you still have problems, then seek a
patch.

--
Joe