Bluescreen during games.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Sysalis

Bluescreen during games.

I'm currently having an issue when I play Left 4 dead. I can play for a
bit, then about 30 mins or so in..I get a 'bluescreen' which isn't
actually blue, but my monitor turns black..freezes up and then reboots.
When the pc boots back up, it gives me this.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 100000ea
BCP1: FFFFFA8006FB2400
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini031809-01.dmp
C:\Users\Von\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-158029-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Von\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6BCC.tmp.versio n.txt

Read our privacy statement:
'Microsoft Online Crash Analysis'
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409)

Any help would be appreciated

I have the most current drivers, and I tried a reformat to fix this
issue, installing the newest ones fresh with no other drivers installed,
and it still happens.

--
Sysalis
Mark

Re: Bluescreen during games.
I was going to suggest overheating but usually if the computer overheats and
shuts down it won't reboot for a while until it cools. You can try
downloading a heat reporting utility and running it and see if that is still
a problem.

it could also be a powersupply issue, many newer video cards can pull too
much power from an older power supply. what kind of power supply do you have
and what kind of video card?

Mark

"Sysalis" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I'm currently having an issue when I play Left 4 dead. I can play for a
> bit, then about 30 mins or so in..I get a 'bluescreen' which isn't
> actually blue, but my monitor turns black..freezes up and then reboots.
> When the pc boots back up, it gives me this.
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 100000ea
> BCP1: FFFFFA8006FB2400
> BCP2: 0000000000000000
> BCP3: 0000000000000000
> BCP4: 0000000000000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6001
> Service Pack: 1_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini031809-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Von\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-158029-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Von\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6BCC.tmp.versio n.txt
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> 'Microsoft Online Crash Analysis'
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409)
>

> Any help would be appreciated
>
> I have the most current drivers, and I tried a reformat to fix this
> issue, installing the newest ones fresh with no other drivers installed,
> and it still happens.
>

> --
> Sysalis

Sysalis

Re: Bluescreen during games.

I'm running two Radeon HD 4850's, with a ZALMAN ZM850-HP 850W psu.

--
Sysalis
Paul Smith

Re: Bluescreen during games.
I'd suspect a hardware problem. Anything overclocked? Does it happen with
any other games after 30 minutes or so of use?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

"Sysalis" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I'm currently having an issue when I play Left 4 dead. I can play for a
> bit, then about 30 mins or so in..I get a 'bluescreen' which isn't
> actually blue, but my monitor turns black..freezes up and then reboots.
> When the pc boots back up, it gives me this.
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 100000ea
> BCP1: FFFFFA8006FB2400
> BCP2: 0000000000000000
> BCP3: 0000000000000000
> BCP4: 0000000000000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6001
> Service Pack: 1_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini031809-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Von\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-158029-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Von\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6BCC.tmp.versio n.txt
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> 'Microsoft Online Crash Analysis'
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409)
>

> Any help would be appreciated
>
> I have the most current drivers, and I tried a reformat to fix this
> issue, installing the newest ones fresh with no other drivers installed,
> and it still happens.
>

> --
> Sysalis

Sysalis

Re: Bluescreen during games.

It only happens in l4d, and it isn't overclocked.

--
Sysalis
I love Carrots

Re: Bluescreen during games.
You power supply is a tad light for those video cards. Moving to a 1000W
model might help with stability. I have seen lots of machines fried due to
weak power supplies.

--
http://contract-developer.dyndns.biz

> It only happens in l4d, and it isn't overclocked.
>

> --
> Sysalis

Joe

Re: Bluescreen during games.

> I'm running two Radeon HD 4850's, with a ZALMAN ZM850-HP 850W psu.

Overheating/Crossfire issues sounds logical. You try disabling CrossFire
and see if it fixes the problem?

Update your drivers.

I know when Episode 2 came out my system (HL2: Ep2) my system crashed til
they released an update, even today there are issues with source games.
Check the steam forums and see if there are any issues with Crossfire/SLI
that may need addressing.

--
Joe
Joe

Re: Bluescreen during games.
"I love Carrots" <abuse@abuse.org> wrote in

> You power supply is a tad light for those video cards. Moving to a
> 1000W model might help with stability. I have seen lots of machines
> fried due to weak power supplies.

Maybe if he was using a cheap PSU. an 850w should be adiquate if it's a
good PSU, and I believe Zalman is high on the list.

--
Joe