Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Best Game Editor/Designer/Animation Program in Vista?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2009
Ken
 

Posts: n/a
Best Game Editor/Designer/Animation Program in Vista?
What is the best game editor/level editor/game designer/animation program
available for Vista? Any suggestions? A freeware program would be nice!!
Maybe Truespace? Art of Illusion? Platinum Arts Sandbox? Thank you in
advance.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2009
Joe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Best Game Editor/Designer/Animation Program in Vista?
"Ken" <kenmendell@rogers.com> wrote in
news:OxVWRXRmJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> What is the best game editor/level editor/game designer/animation
> program available for Vista? Any suggestions? A freeware program would
> be nice!! Maybe Truespace? Art of Illusion? Platinum Arts Sandbox?
> Thank you in advance.


Heh, I use Source Engine (Free with any Valve software purchase), but
you're kind of limited to FPS type stuff (Though lots of people have made
amazing games that aren't FPSs in source).

On my Mac I keep the iPhone SDK loaded up, obivously it's just for iPhone,
but as some people have proven, you can make a fortune if you're lucky
enough.

I used to use TruSpace back in the day, but I didn't think it was freeware.
Maybe something changed recently?

--
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2009
Ken
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Best Game Editor/Designer/Animation Program in Vista?
Thanks. Can I get Source Engine free anywhere, or do I have to purchase
something from them?

I don't own an iPhone or have a recent Mac.

Truespace is now freeware!!!!!!!! Yup. I just found out not long ago,
myself. And it's very cool.

Art of Illusion and Platinum Arts Sandbox are both very cool, too.

"Joe" <JoeQ@public.tv> wrote in message
news:Xns9BC2545333194JoeQPublictv@207.46.248.16...
> "Ken" <kenmendell@rogers.com> wrote in
> news:OxVWRXRmJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>
>> What is the best game editor/level editor/game designer/animation
>> program available for Vista? Any suggestions? A freeware program would
>> be nice!! Maybe Truespace? Art of Illusion? Platinum Arts Sandbox?
>> Thank you in advance.

>
> Heh, I use Source Engine (Free with any Valve software purchase), but
> you're kind of limited to FPS type stuff (Though lots of people have made
> amazing games that aren't FPSs in source).
>
> On my Mac I keep the iPhone SDK loaded up, obivously it's just for iPhone,
> but as some people have proven, you can make a fortune if you're lucky
> enough.
>
> I used to use TruSpace back in the day, but I didn't think it was
> freeware.
> Maybe something changed recently?
>
> --
> Joe


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2009
Joe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Best Game Editor/Designer/Animation Program in Vista?
>> "Ken" <kenmendell@rogers.com> wrote in
>> news:OxVWRXRmJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> What is the best game editor/level editor/game designer/animation
>>> program available for Vista? Any suggestions? A freeware program
>>> would be nice!! Maybe Truespace? Art of Illusion? Platinum Arts
>>> Sandbox? Thank you in advance.


> "Joe" <JoeQ@public.tv> wrote in message
> news:Xns9BC2545333194JoeQPublictv@207.46.248.16...
>>
>> Heh, I use Source Engine (Free with any Valve software purchase), but
>> you're kind of limited to FPS type stuff (Though lots of people have
>> made amazing games that aren't FPSs in source).
>>
>> On my Mac I keep the iPhone SDK loaded up, obivously it's just for
>> iPhone, but as some people have proven, you can make a fortune if
>> you're lucky enough.
>>
>> I used to use TruSpace back in the day, but I didn't think it was
>> freeware.
>> Maybe something changed recently?


"Ken" <kenmendell@rogers.com> wrote in
news:#hGKHGUnJHA.4448@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Thanks. Can I get Source Engine free anywhere, or do I have to
> purchase something from them?
>
> I don't own an iPhone or have a recent Mac.
>
> Truespace is now freeware!!!!!!!! Yup. I just found out not long ago,
> myself. And it's very cool.
>
> Art of Illusion and Platinum Arts Sandbox are both very cool, too.
>


I'm not 100% sure about that, but you can install the Steam service for
free, go to steampowered.com and install the client. Once installed go to
the Tools section and see if you can just install Source SDK.

If you can't, ask around the forums, see if anyone has a free Half-Life 2
Game Code they might be willing to give you. (People who bought Half
Life: Orange box last year got free copies of Half-Life 2 to give to
their friends if they already owned the game, so lots of people have
these codes.)

Good luck

--
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2009
Ken
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Best Game Editor/Designer/Animation Program in Vista?
Ok, I will. Thanks.

Try Ogre, maybe. This is downloadable free with SDK and is apparently very
close to Source. I just downloaded it, but I haven't tried it yet.



"Joe" <JoeQ@public.tv> wrote in message
news:Xns9BC68F74CB283JoeQPublictv@207.46.248.16...
>>> "Ken" <kenmendell@rogers.com> wrote in
>>> news:OxVWRXRmJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>>>
>>>> What is the best game editor/level editor/game designer/animation
>>>> program available for Vista? Any suggestions? A freeware program
>>>> would be nice!! Maybe Truespace? Art of Illusion? Platinum Arts
>>>> Sandbox? Thank you in advance.

>
>> "Joe" <JoeQ@public.tv> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9BC2545333194JoeQPublictv@207.46.248.16...
>>>
>>> Heh, I use Source Engine (Free with any Valve software purchase), but
>>> you're kind of limited to FPS type stuff (Though lots of people have
>>> made amazing games that aren't FPSs in source).
>>>
>>> On my Mac I keep the iPhone SDK loaded up, obivously it's just for
>>> iPhone, but as some people have proven, you can make a fortune if
>>> you're lucky enough.
>>>
>>> I used to use TruSpace back in the day, but I didn't think it was
>>> freeware.
>>> Maybe something changed recently?

>
> "Ken" <kenmendell@rogers.com> wrote in
> news:#hGKHGUnJHA.4448@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>
>> Thanks. Can I get Source Engine free anywhere, or do I have to
>> purchase something from them?
>>
>> I don't own an iPhone or have a recent Mac.
>>
>> Truespace is now freeware!!!!!!!! Yup. I just found out not long ago,
>> myself. And it's very cool.
>>
>> Art of Illusion and Platinum Arts Sandbox are both very cool, too.
>>

>
> I'm not 100% sure about that, but you can install the Steam service for
> free, go to steampowered.com and install the client. Once installed go to
> the Tools section and see if you can just install Source SDK.
>
> If you can't, ask around the forums, see if anyone has a free Half-Life 2
> Game Code they might be willing to give you. (People who bought Half
> Life: Orange box last year got free copies of Half-Life 2 to give to
> their friends if they already owned the game, so lots of people have
> these codes.)
>
> Good luck
>
> --
> Joe


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2009
Joe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Best Game Editor/Designer/Animation Program in Vista?
>> I'm not 100% sure about that, but you can install the Steam service
>> for free, go to steampowered.com and install the client. Once
>> installed go to the Tools section and see if you can just install
>> Source SDK.
>>
>> If you can't, ask around the forums, see if anyone has a free
>> Half-Life 2 Game Code they might be willing to give you. (People who
>> bought Half Life: Orange box last year got free copies of Half-Life 2
>> to give to their friends if they already owned the game, so lots of
>> people have these codes.)


"Ken" <kenmendell@rogers.com> wrote in
news:#qUVIErnJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Ok, I will. Thanks.
>
> Try Ogre, maybe. This is downloadable free with SDK and is apparently
> very close to Source. I just downloaded it, but I haven't tried it
> yet.


Another one you can search for is Torque Engine, it's an open source game
engine that has been and always will be free. I think they even site
several commercial games that have been released on the engine.

--
Joe
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. Game Designer Hurtles into Space With DNA Cargo Steve General Technology News 0 10-12-2008 17:40
Sandra Day O'Connor: Game Designer Steve General Technology News 0 06-05-2008 02:20
Article ID: 925255 Power consumption increases when you run a WPF-based program that runs an animation in Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Animation Tool Puts You in the Game Steve General Technology News 0 03-12-2007 23:39




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120