Chess Titan

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Brian Newman

Chess Titan
Can I play chess on my computor?
Mark

Re: Chess Titan
Only when it is laying on its side

haha, just kidding. If you mean you have Vista and you don't see Chess
Titans in your list of games- do you have the other built-in games, such as
solitare? You may have a version of Vista that doesn't have it built-in, or
perhaps it was never installed. Check the Add/Remove Windows programs in the
control panel

If thats not it, send some more details.

Hope that helps!
Mark

"Brian Newman" <newman_briana@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can I play chess on my computor?

Sawsan

Re: Chess Titan
Can I play Chess Titan in Windows XP SP2?

Regards,

"Mark" wrote:

> Only when it is laying on its side
>

> haha, just kidding. If you mean you have Vista and you don't see Chess
> Titans in your list of games- do you have the other built-in games, such as
> solitare? You may have a version of Vista that doesn't have it built-in, or
> perhaps it was never installed. Check the Add/Remove Windows programs in the
> control panel
>
> If thats not it, send some more details.
>

> Hope that helps!
> Mark
>
> "Brian Newman" <newman_briana@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Can I play chess on my computor?

Joe

Re: Chess Titan
=?Utf-8?B?U2F3c2Fu?= <Sawsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Can I play Chess Titan in Windows XP SP2?

Na, but you can get Chessmaster 10th Anniversary Edition for like $19.99 or
less. Oh, there's an 11th year version available at ubisoft for the same
price. Sounds like a good game, they also have a version on XBLA (Xbox live
arcade) if you have an xbox 360.

http://chessmaster.us.ubi.com/xi/index.php

--
Joe
Shant

Incorrect move by the computer in Chess Titan
Every time I try moving my pawns forward two steps, i get taken by the
opposing pawns which they are not within a killing reach.

For example: my two White-pawn on c2 and d3, and the computer Black-pawn on
d4 and the queen right behind the pawn on d5

Is that possible, is that a bug or is it just me??????

I have taken screenshots before and after for an expert to look at.
Olórin

Re: Incorrect move by the computer in Chess Titan
Shant wrote:
> Every time I try moving my pawns forward two steps, i get taken by the
> opposing pawns which they are not within a killing reach.
>
> For example: my two White-pawn on c2 and d3, and the computer
> Black-pawn on d4 and the queen right behind the pawn on d5
>
> Is that possible, is that a bug or is it just me??????
>
> I have taken screenshots before and after for an expert to look at.

It's a legal move - Google "en passant".

If using that two-squares-on-first-move rule for a pawn puts you past an
opposing pawn that could have taken you, then that pawn may *on its next
move* take your pawn as if you'd only advanced one square.

Joe

Re: Incorrect move by the computer in Chess Titan
"Olórin" <incanus@erkljrjre890aeraekj4na.com> wrote in

> Shant wrote:
>> Every time I try moving my pawns forward two steps, i get taken by
>> the opposing pawns which they are not within a killing reach.
>>
>> For example: my two White-pawn on c2 and d3, and the computer
>> Black-pawn on d4 and the queen right behind the pawn on d5
>>
>> Is that possible, is that a bug or is it just me??????
>>
>> I have taken screenshots before and after for an expert to look at.

> It's a legal move - Google "en passant".
>
> If using that two-squares-on-first-move rule for a pawn puts you past
> an opposing pawn that could have taken you, then that pawn may *on its
> next move* take your pawn as if you'd only advanced one square.

This question comes up every 2-3 weeks, it's hilarious, but I understand
why people would post about it, this move is just not talked about much
unless you really play chess a lot.

Tons of web pages talk about it, there's a good write-up on Wikipedia.
--
Joe