garrys mod

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

jesus christ

garrys mod
ok, guy-can u plz explain this thing in a bit more detail, on copying and pasting, this is extremely annoying!! i buy garrys mod.... hurray finally i can play it, loading screen, oh look its g-man with a cone on his head, imagine how much fun im going to have and then BAM!!!! the screen goes black............. my heart stops, and oh whats this hl2.exe is not responding!!! WTF ive tried a tonne of solutions and that cmd.exe says access denied, ***yyy, and that oe about the folders has popped up a few times and nobody ever explained in detail what to do!! I NEED HELP!! I NEED TO PLAY GMOD 10 ASAP!!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Deando

Re: garrys mod

jesus christ;927827 Wrote:
> ok, guy-can u plz explain this thing in a bit more detail, on copying
> and pasting, this is extremely annoying!! i buy garrys mod.... hurray
> finally i can play it, loading screen, oh look its g-man with a cone on
> his head, imagine how much fun im going to have and then BAM!!!! the
> screen goes black............. my heart stops, and oh whats this hl2.exe
> is not responding!!! WTF ive tried a tonne of solutions and that cmd.exe
> says access denied, ***yyy, and that oe about the folders has popped up
> a few times and nobody ever explained in detail what to do!! I NEED
> HELP!! I NEED TO PLAY GMOD 10 ASAP!!

lol yeh that happens to me lots Get More Ram and shouled fix it

--
Deando

'[image: http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/14dean94.png]'
(http://profile.xfire.com/14dean94)
Joe

Re: garrys mod
Deando <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> jesus christ;927827 Wrote:
>> ok, guy-can u plz explain this thing in a bit more detail, on copying
>> and pasting, this is extremely annoying!! i buy garrys mod.... hurray
>> finally i can play it, loading screen, oh look its g-man with a cone
>> on his head, imagine how much fun im going to have and then BAM!!!!
>> the screen goes black............. my heart stops, and oh whats this
>> hl2.exe is not responding!!! WTF ive tried a tonne of solutions and
>> that cmd.exe says access denied, ***yyy, and that oe about the
>> folders has popped up a few times and nobody ever explained in detail
>> what to do!! I NEED HELP!! I NEED TO PLAY GMOD 10 ASAP!!

> lol yeh that happens to me lots Get More Ram and shouled fix it

To expance on what Deando said,

Usually the first time Garry's Mod loads <i>Assets</i> it has to make a
custom mesh texture that tells the program where you can grab or
manipulate the object. (I think, don't quote me on this)

So first load requires a lot of loading data, modifying, and writing it
back out. Takes time, if you don't have a lot of RAM it'll take longer.

Vista automatically says "program not responding" if the program is
doing stuff without updating the video output. The program is still
going, just gotta wait til it finishes (go make coffee or something).

More RAM may help speed up the process (ram is faster than virtual ram)

--
Joe