Battle for Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings). DVD

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

musicman1987

Battle for Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings). DVD

Hey there

Just brought myself LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 1, for PC today. And
i cannot even start the installation, comes up with 2 error messages
which both state that the data is corrupted, the game is brand new from
"Game".

I am running Vista Ultimate with 32 Bit, with a Dell XPS420, surely
this should not be a problem...

Any help would be much apprechiated.

Thanks

Tristan

--
musicman1987
musicman1987's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/musicman1987.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Paul Smith

Re: Battle for Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings). DVD
"musicman1987" <musicman1987.3kj03e@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Just brought myself LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 1, for PC today. And
> i cannot even start the installation, comes up with 2 error messages
> which both state that the data is corrupted, the game is brand new from
> "Game".
>
> I am running Vista Ultimate with 32 Bit, with a Dell XPS420, surely
> this should not be a problem...
>
> Any help would be much apprechiated.

Well I can confirm that BFME does run on 32-bit Vista. By the sound of the
error messages it sounds like it could be a faulty disc. In which case Game
should give you a replacement copy without any hassle (they're usually
pretty good).

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Joe

Re: Battle for Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings). DVD
"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.windowsresource.net> wrote in

> "musicman1987" <musicman1987.3kj03e@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
>
>> Just brought myself LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 1, for PC today.
>> And i cannot even start the installation, comes up with 2 error
>> messages which both state that the data is corrupted, the game is
>> brand new from "Game".
>>
>> I am running Vista Ultimate with 32 Bit, with a Dell XPS420, surely
>> this should not be a problem...
>>
>> Any help would be much apprechiated.

> Well I can confirm that BFME does run on 32-bit Vista. By the sound
> of the error messages it sounds like it could be a faulty disc. In
> which case Game should give you a replacement copy without any hassle
> (they're usually pretty good).

Clear your temp files on your HD, I forget which installer EA used on
BFME1, if they used InstallShield sometimes clearing your temp files
helps clear up IS errors. If they used their installer you might try
opening the CD, find the Autorun or whatever program starts on the CD
(setup.exe), right-click and run as admin or try setting compatibility
mode to Windows XP.

Worse case scenario exchange or try BFME2.

(I admit the main reason I responded to this was to say that you should
try BFME2, much better game, IMHO)

-J.
--
Joe