Need for speed Undercover

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Peacemaker

Need for speed Undercover

Hey,

I just installed this game but it stutters heavily and in the main menu
i can't see the mouse.

It isn't my system I have a AMD HD4850 an E8400 , even FarCry2 works
perfectly.

Can it be that this game isn't vista x64 proof??

--
Peacemaker
Tim

Re: Need for speed Undercover

> Hey,
>
> I just installed this game but it stutters heavily and in the main menu
> i can't see the mouse.
>
> It isn't my system I have a AMD HD4850 an E8400 , even FarCry2 works
> perfectly.
>
> Can it be that this game isn't vista x64 proof??

I think that there might be a problem with the game. It has trouble runnings
smooth here as well. (C2D E6600 @3 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 800, HD2900XT 512 MB) It
looks bad comparing to Grid and my force feedback racing wheel doesn't work
properly.

What you mean by Vista x64 proof is not quite clear to me, but it runs
without errors, but not as smooth as you should be able to expect.

Maybe a patch would do the trick in the near future.
Tim

pcbilski

Peacemaker;890055 Wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just installed this game but it stutters heavily and in the main menu
> i can't see the mouse.
>
> It isn't my system I have a AMD HD4850 an E8400 , even FarCry2 works
> perfectly.
>
> Can it be that this game isn't vista x64 proof??

I'm having the exact same problem, also HD4850, E8500, 2 gigs ddr3,
Vista 64, even using the lowest possible settings.

Anybody have any solutions or the same experience?

Regarding the mouse issue, i had the same problem which was unrelated,
do u have mouse trails enabled by any chance? If so disable and it
should work. Happened on many games i noticed.

--
pcbilski
LUKEBOY

Re: Need for speed Undercover

Hey, I also have had this choppy issue. Im running amd 6000+ at 3.4 ghz
4 gigs of baller ram, and have a new ati hd 4870 overclocked. If it runs
this crappy on this computer the problem is def. the stupid game. we
will just have to wait for a patch. I like how people go out and dump a
few dollars on a pc game and it ends up struggling. And then we have to
wait a month or to before a patch is released.

--
LUKEBOY

"LUKEBOY" <guest@unknown-email.com> schreef in bericht

> Hey, I also have had this choppy issue. Im running amd 6000+ at 3.4 ghz
> 4 gigs of baller ram, and have a new ati hd 4870 overclocked. If it runs
> this crappy on this computer the problem is def. the stupid game. we
> will just have to wait for a patch. I like how people go out and dump a
> few dollars on a pc game and it ends up struggling. And then we have to
> wait a month or to before a patch is released.
>

> --
> LUKEBOY

I invested in an other game: RaceDriver GriD and that is a very good game,
good performance, nice races, nice to play online.
Tim

Anthony Jones

Re: Need for speed Undercover
Its possible, perhaps a driver issue, try getting hold of the latest drivers
for graphics card etc... see how that goes...
"Peacemaker" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> I just installed this game but it stutters heavily and in the main menu
> i can't see the mouse.
>
> It isn't my system I have a AMD HD4850 an E8400 , even FarCry2 works
> perfectly.
>
> Can it be that this game isn't vista x64 proof??
>

> --
> Peacemaker

Klaatu is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need for speed Undercover
I am having a similiar problem as all of you. Once the screen that has "Main Menu" and "Video" appear, I cannot access it. I can see my cursor only if I move it to the extreme top left or right. Nothing seems open the main menu or video option. And the LogiTech MOMO wheel works, but the gas and brake only apply brakes, have to use LEFT paddle for gas.

My rig isn't as nice as any of you, but it meets all the minimum reqs. Regardless, I have a feeling if I could just access the Main Menu or video options I could make some of the adjustments to enjoy this game.
deyssen

Re: Need for speed Undercover

try running it in 32-bit compatibility mode. it worked for me (xp64).
the downside of this is that I have to re-adjust the graphic settings
every time I want to play. the game is still a resource hog though.

--
deyssen
deyssen's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/deyssen.htm

http://forums.techarena.in