Games Folder

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Taz

Games Folder
When I originaaly updated to Vista Home Premium the games folder worked fine
Now when I try to run a game it says that I have to Set Associations
I've tried turning the games on and off, rebooting and so forth
Anyone else had this problem or a solution for it
Thanks
Razzle Fratz

Re: Games Folder
Maybe you should try "Set Associations"?

"Taz" <tom_snyder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I originaaly updated to Vista Home Premium the games folder worked
> fine
> Now when I try to run a game it says that I have to Set Associations
> I've tried turning the games on and off, rebooting and so forth
> Anyone else had this problem or a solution for it
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?ZGFuIG0=?=

Re: Games Folder
I got the same problem. but if i start my laptop and press f8 i have the
option to return system to factory settings so i might do that. i gna hav 2
install all drivers agen tho

"Razzle Fratz" wrote:

> Maybe you should try "Set Associations"?
>

> "Taz" <tom_snyder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I originaaly updated to Vista Home Premium the games folder worked
> > fine
> > Now when I try to run a game it says that I have to Set Associations
> > I've tried turning the games on and off, rebooting and so forth
> > Anyone else had this problem or a solution for it
> > Thanks

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Games Folder
An error occurs when you try to run a game from Games Explorer in Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/147/1/

--
Regards,

"Razzle Fratz" wrote:

> Maybe you should try "Set Associations"?
>

> "Taz" <tom_snyder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I originaaly updated to Vista Home Premium the games folder worked
> > fine
> > Now when I try to run a game it says that I have to Set Associations
> > I've tried turning the games on and off, rebooting and so forth
> > Anyone else had this problem or a solution for it
> > Thanks

socrfan

Re: Games Folder
I tried this suggestion (along with all the rest I've read on this problem)
and I still get the same error message. I still can't get any of the games
icons to work.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> An error occurs when you try to run a game from Games Explorer in Windows Vista:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/147/1/
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "dan m" <danm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D073861-2E38-4999-A207-80FCCB9300DE@microsoft.com...
> I got the same problem. but if i start my laptop and press f8 i have the
> option to return system to factory settings so i might do that. i gna hav 2
> install all drivers agen tho
>
> "Razzle Fratz" wrote:
>
> > Maybe you should try "Set Associations"?
> >

> > "Taz" <tom_snyder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > When I originaaly updated to Vista Home Premium the games folder worked
> > > fine
> > > Now when I try to run a game it says that I have to Set Associations
> > > I've tried turning the games on and off, rebooting and so forth
> > > Anyone else had this problem or a solution for it
> > > Thanks

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Games Folder
Click Start, type:

cmd /k reg query hkcr\lnkfile /s

Press ENTER

Copy the output and paste it along with your reply.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> An error occurs when you try to run a game from Games Explorer in Windows Vista:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/147/1/
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "dan m" <danm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D073861-2E38-4999-A207-80FCCB9300DE@microsoft.com...
> I got the same problem. but if i start my laptop and press f8 i have the
> option to return system to factory settings so i might do that. i gna hav 2
> install all drivers agen tho
>
> "Razzle Fratz" wrote:
>
> > Maybe you should try "Set Associations"?
> >

> > "Taz" <tom_snyder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > When I originaaly updated to Vista Home Premium the games folder worked
> > > fine
> > > Now when I try to run a game it says that I have to Set Associations
> > > I've tried turning the games on and off, rebooting and so forth
> > > Anyone else had this problem or a solution for it
> > > Thanks

socrfan

Re: Games Folder
Your suggestion worked. Thank you!!