Need administration rights...

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Need administration rights...
Today i bought a game, Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth 2. When I
wanted to play online, it said i needed to download a patch, so I clicked
okay. After I click okay it says, 'You need administrative rights to download
patches.' What is confusing is that I am the administrator on my PC. How can
I fix this problem?
Dale White

Re: Need administration rights...
Unlike XP, having an Account that is labeled Admin, doesn't mean you're
really a full admin. In your case, you need to right click on the desktop
Icon and choose "Run as Administrator". Here's screenshot of what you're
looking for
http://images.filecloud.com/402448/run_as_admin.jpg

You can also choose properties and under Advance, you can set the game to
always run as administrator.

> Today i bought a game, Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth 2. When
> wanted to play online, it said i needed to download a patch, so I clicked
> okay. After I click okay it says, 'You need administrative rights to
> download
> patches.' What is confusing is that I am the administrator on my PC. How
> can
> I fix this problem?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjb2IyMDAw?=

Re: Need administration rights...
Even with you being the "ADMIN", vista by default trys to run everything as..
I believe "limited user". This is to prevent people from screwing up the OS
by downloading malitious programs. You simply have to change the "run as"
options to "run as Asministrator".

"Dale White" wrote:

> Unlike XP, having an Account that is labeled Admin, doesn't mean you're
> really a full admin. In your case, you need to right click on the desktop
> Icon and choose "Run as Administrator". Here's screenshot of what you're
> looking for
> http://images.filecloud.com/402448/run_as_admin.jpg
>
> You can also choose properties and under Advance, you can set the game to
> always run as administrator.
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Today i bought a game, Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth 2. When
> > wanted to play online, it said i needed to download a patch, so I clicked
> > okay. After I click okay it says, 'You need administrative rights to
> > download
> > patches.' What is confusing is that I am the administrator on my PC. How
> > can
> > I fix this problem?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

"Dale White" wrote:

> Unlike XP, having an Account that is labeled Admin, doesn't mean you're
> really a full admin. In your case, you need to right click on the desktop
> Icon and choose "Run as Administrator". Here's screenshot of what you're
> looking for
> http://images.filecloud.com/402448/run_as_admin.jpg
>
> You can also choose properties and under Advance, you can set the game to
> always run as administrator.
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Today i bought a game, Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth 2. When
> > wanted to play online, it said i needed to download a patch, so I clicked
> > okay. After I click okay it says, 'You need administrative rights to
> > download
> > patches.' What is confusing is that I am the administrator on my PC. How
> > can
> > I fix this problem?

Thank you! It helped a lot! ^_^
DarkHades

RE: Need administration rights...
Ok, Steve ive also got Battle For Middle Earth 2 and i could fix your problem
first you have to set this game to Windows XP by going to the Control
Panel/Programs then click Use an older program with this version of Windows
then follow the instruction then the last step make a checkmark on count as
adminstrator. That will fix your problem.