Will this be a reasonably good gaming computer?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Imageman

Will this be a reasonably good gaming computer?
I'm a photographer, and having this computer built to process my work. Just
curious if it will be reasonably good for most gaming? Thanks for you help -
IM

Here's the complete computer;

Lian-Li PC-6070 plusII Case
MSI 965 Platinum Mother Board
Intel Core II Duo 2.4GHz
(4) GB DDRII RAM
(3) 500 GB Seagate Baracuda's SATA drives
MSI NX7600GS-MTD256E Video card
Optical Drive - Plextor PX-7755SA

--

. . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550

Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White

Re: Will this be a reasonably good gaming computer?
You're kidding right ? The 7600GS is the only thing keeping it from being an
excellent gaming system. With the 7600 it will be a solid one. Personally,
with the money you are already spending, I think I'd raise my dollar amount
about $50-75 and get the 7900GS or maybe even the 7900GT, If you can find a
good deal.

"Imageman" <IM@old.net> wrote in message
> I'm a photographer, and having this computer built to process my work.
> Just curious if it will be reasonably good for most gaming? Thanks for you
> help - IM
>
> Here's the complete computer;
>
> Lian-Li PC-6070 plusII Case
> MSI 965 Platinum Mother Board
> Intel Core II Duo 2.4GHz
> (4) GB DDRII RAM
> (3) 500 GB Seagate Baracuda's SATA drives
> MSI NX7600GS-MTD256E Video card
> Optical Drive - Plextor PX-7755SA
>

> --
>

> . . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550

Imageman

Re: Will this be a reasonably good gaming computer?
Thanks for the input gentlemen, makes me happy :-). I chose the
NX7600GS-MTD256E Video card because it has DVI & HDMI output and supports my
dual setup, and will let me watch HD on a TV. I will be a novice gamer
(retired, old guy), and I'm glad you both think I made good choices. My
first choice in video card was the MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E, but I needed cut
some cost. I can always upgrade - Thanks again, IM

Here's text from a post on the vista_music_pictures_video newsgroup
"The new beta drivers are the best I've had in this vista beta 5744.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_100.64.html
My graphics are very very crisp. Nice Job U guys at Nvidia"

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> For most gaming, it will work great. Sure, you can spend a little more and
> get a better video card, but the 7600GS is no slacker. You may not be able
> to turn up the anti-alaising too high or run at uber high resolution, but
> in MOST games you should be able to run fairly high settings and be happy.
>
> Just watch out for the NVIDIA drivers. They are still a little (lot)
> buggy.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "Dale "Mad_Murdock" White" <dale.white@NOinsightbb.NOcom> wrote in message
> news:KOednblB7Io6G0_YnZ2dnUVZ_uSgnZ2d@insightbb.co m...
>> You're kidding right ? The 7600GS is the only thing keeping it from being
>> an excellent gaming system. With the 7600 it will be a solid one.
>> Personally, with the money you are already spending, I think I'd raise my
>> dollar amount about $50-75 and get the 7900GS or maybe even the 7900GT,
>> If you can find a good deal.
>>

>> "Imageman" <IM@old.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm a photographer, and having this computer built to process my work.
>>> Just curious if it will be reasonably good for most gaming? Thanks for
>>> you help - IM
>>>
>>> Here's the complete computer;
>>>
>>> Lian-Li PC-6070 plusII Case
>>> MSI 965 Platinum Mother Board
>>> Intel Core II Duo 2.4GHz
>>> (4) GB DDRII RAM
>>> (3) 500 GB Seagate Baracuda's SATA drives
>>> MSI NX7600GS-MTD256E Video card
>>> Optical Drive - Plextor PX-7755SA
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> . . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550

CJM

news:cpKdnSEo4Zo2r07YnZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> Thanks for the input gentlemen, makes me happy :-). I chose the
> NX7600GS-MTD256E Video card because it has DVI & HDMI output and supports
> my dual setup, and will let me watch HD on a TV. I will be a novice gamer
> (retired, old guy), and I'm glad you both think I made good choices. My
> first choice in video card was the MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E, but I needed cut
> some cost. I can always upgrade - Thanks again, IM

A 7900GS is a joke. A GT perhaps, preferably a 7900GS or above. If you can
afford it, there are some new cards out that might be interesting: the
8800GTS 320MB - exactly the same as the 8800GTS normal but 320MB RAM instead
of 640MB. It will blow most Nvidia cards out of the water and all but one
ATI card and it only costs £200 (about $300 in the US).

Just because you are a novice gamer doesn't mean you have to have poor
graphics performance.

Verger

Re: Will this be a reasonably good gaming computer?
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:00:50 -0000, "CJM" <cjmnews04@newsgroup.nospam>
sang the following hymns:

>"Imageman" <IM@old.net> wrote in message
>news:cpKdnSEo4Zo2r07YnZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@giganews.co m...
>> Thanks for the input gentlemen, makes me happy :-). I chose the
>> NX7600GS-MTD256E Video card because it has DVI & HDMI output and supports
>> my dual setup, and will let me watch HD on a TV. I will be a novice gamer
>> (retired, old guy), and I'm glad you both think I made good choices. My
>> first choice in video card was the MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E, but I needed cut
>> some cost. I can always upgrade - Thanks again, IM
>>

>A 7900GS is a joke. A GT perhaps, preferably a 7900GS or above. If you can
>afford it, there are some new cards out that might be interesting: the
>8800GTS 320MB - exactly the same as the 8800GTS normal but 320MB RAM instead
>of 640MB. It will blow most Nvidia cards out of the water and all but one
>ATI card and it only costs £200 (about $300 in the US).
>
>Just because you are a novice gamer doesn't mean you have to have poor
>graphics performance.

I agree. if you buy a good novel card than a gamer can last uit out
for a couple of years at least. looking at what wonders come out soon,
Crysis e.g. you don't want to start with a disadvantage. I have chose
to buy a new PC in the coming months. My card of choice will be a POV
EN8800 GTS 640MB. It will cost me a much but at least I won't have to
upgrade it in the couple of years.

--

Verger

"What are we in time going by"-- Mountain ( For Yasgur's Farm)
Dave B.

Re: Will this be a reasonably good gaming computer?
I don't think the case meets most minimum game requirements.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com