Installing Warcraft 3

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

=?Utf-8?B?TGVnYWN5?=

Installing Warcraft 3
it wont even load the screen to install the game just keeps sayind windows
explorer error and just stays there help please i wanna play online
Dale M. White

Re: Installing Warcraft 3
Well, I just installed WC3 and the 1.21 patch and it loaded and ran fine.
Though I didn't actually start playing the game, I just went to the Start
Campaign screen.

Though I didn't have to do anything, make sure you right click on the
install.exe and choose run as administrator. You can also right click and
choose properties on install.exe and choose compatibility and tell it to run
as XP:Service pack 2

Should work fine, heck I might even play a little now

"Legacy" <Legacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> it wont even load the screen to install the game just keeps sayind windows
> explorer error and just stays there help please i wanna play online

NjetSpam

Re: Installing Warcraft 3
Dale M. White wrote:
> Well, I just installed WC3 and the 1.21 patch and it loaded and ran
> fine. Though I didn't actually start playing the game, I just went to
> the Start Campaign screen.
>
> Though I didn't have to do anything, make sure you right click on the
> install.exe and choose run as administrator. You can also right click
> and choose properties on install.exe and choose compatibility and tell
> it to run as XP:Service pack 2
>
> Should work fine, heck I might even play a little now
>

> "Legacy" <Legacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> it wont even load the screen to install the game just keeps sayind
>> windows
>> explorer error and just stays there help please i wanna play online

Yep works fine with compatibility mode. Well in my machine.
=?Utf-8?B?Q29tbWFuZGVyUnlhbGlz?=

RE: Installing Warcraft 3
I am having a problem Installing warcraft III also, I am getting the error
meassage
"ERROR" no program start menu found" and then it won't install. I tried
running as administrator and also both the XPsp2 and windows 98/me
compatibilty modes and neither worked.

"Legacy" wrote:

> it wont even load the screen to install the game just keeps sayind windows
> explorer error and just stays there help please i wanna play online

Tyler Cobb

Re: Installing Warcraft 3
Try redownloading the game from Blizzard. I just downloaded their latest
version of the online installer and the game installed flawlessly on my
Vista x64 system.

Tyler Cobb, MCP

"CommanderRyalis" <CommanderRyalis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B027EEB1-6EEC-4CA1-965C-1CA8FAE3E6AB@microsoft.com...
>I am having a problem Installing warcraft III also, I am getting the error
> meassage
> "ERROR" no program start menu found" and then it won't install. I tried
> running as administrator and also both the XPsp2 and windows 98/me
> compatibilty modes and neither worked.
>
> "Legacy" wrote:
>
>> it wont even load the screen to install the game just keeps sayind
>> windows
>> explorer error and just stays there help please i wanna play online

=?Utf-8?B?Q29tbWFuZGVyUnlhbGlz?=

Re: Installing Warcraft 3
Redownloading the game? I trying To install it from my CD's.

"Tyler Cobb" wrote:

> Try redownloading the game from Blizzard. I just downloaded their latest
> version of the online installer and the game installed flawlessly on my
> Vista x64 system.
>
> Tyler Cobb, MCP
>
> "CommanderRyalis" <CommanderRyalis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B027EEB1-6EEC-4CA1-965C-1CA8FAE3E6AB@microsoft.com...
> >I am having a problem Installing warcraft III also, I am getting the error
> > meassage
> > "ERROR" no program start menu found" and then it won't install. I tried
> > running as administrator and also both the XPsp2 and windows 98/me
> > compatibilty modes and neither worked.
> >
> > "Legacy" wrote:
> >
> >> it wont even load the screen to install the game just keeps sayind
> >> windows
> >> explorer error and just stays there help please i wanna play online

Tyler Cobb

Re: Installing Warcraft 3
Yes, that's what makes my suggestion a possible solution. It is a completely
different and successfully documented alternative to installing from your
original CDs which use the original, pre-Vista installer on said discs. The
only way to use a newer installer is to download their new online version
and set the game up on your PC across the Internet.

message news:58C8453D-8EE1-4089-8249-FBB1F76F98F5@microsoft.com...
> Redownloading the game? I trying To install it from my CD's.

Tyler Cobb

Re: Installing Warcraft 3
Sorry, ignore that last response. I have been studying too much and sleeping
too little. You're talking about Warcraft 3. I'm sternly arguing about World
of Warcraft and wasting your time. Time for me to unplug for a while and get
some rest.

Tyler Cobb, MCP

"CommanderRyalis" <CommanderRyalis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:58C8453D-8EE1-4089-8249-FBB1F76F98F5@microsoft.com...
> Redownloading the game? I trying To install it from my CD's.

CommanderRyalis

RE: Installing Warcraft 3
Okay I found a solution if anyone else has this problem:
1. Disable UAC (User Account Control) from the user menu in the control panel.
2. Logoff your user account, then log on to an administrator account.
3. Go to the control panel then users, look for your original account you
were trying to install the game from, and then change the account type to
administrator.
4. Logoff or just switch users back to your original account then install!

5. Just remember to go back and make your account limited again, and turn
UAC back on as this will have disabled Internet explorer’s protected mode.

"CommanderRyalis" wrote:

> I am having a problem Installing warcraft III also, I am getting the error
> meassage
> "ERROR" no program start menu found" and then it won't install. I tried
> running as administrator and also both the XPsp2 and windows 98/me
> compatibilty modes and neither worked.
>
> "Legacy" wrote:
>
> > it wont even load the screen to install the game just keeps sayind windows
> > explorer error and just stays there help please i wanna play online

AriAniS

Re: Installing Warcraft 3

Tried it but i am the administrator ... and it's the only account i have
on my computer ... and it doesn't work even if i try to run as
administrator or in compatibility mode with windows xp sp2 ... any
other suggestions pls ? ps i'm running windows vista ultimate x32

--
AriAniS