Gaming Fullscreen

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

JimmyD

Gaming Fullscreen
I've been playing games like CS and Frets on Fire now since i got my computer
(about a yr ago) and all's been well until recently all my games are opening
as a small image on the screen not in fullscreen and i cant enlarge it any
way. ive tried changing my resolution but i didnt do anything.
HELP!! :S
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Gaming Fullscreen
=?Utf-8?B?SmltbXlE?= <JimmyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I've been playing games like CS and Frets on Fire now since i got my
> computer (about a yr ago) and all's been well until recently all my
> games are opening as a small image on the screen not in fullscreen and
> i cant enlarge it any way. ive tried changing my resolution but i
> didnt do anything. HELP!! :S

Computer specs? Make? Model? Video Card Model? Audio Card Model? Monitor
model?

There's a setting in nVidia cards that makes it so if you are running a
game in a resolution lower than what your LCD supports it won't zoom the
image to fill the screen.

If you're on nVidia, look for the nVidia control panel, there should be a
setting in there for zooming in when displaying lower resolution images.

That's a guess, without your hardware info i'm not sure whats going on
exactly.

--
-A.
JimmyD

Re: Gaming Fullscreen
uhmm no inot with nVidia wtea that is my com is a Macron laptop and i dunno
howto get to all that other jazz u mentioned :S
--
JimmyD

"Andy [YaYa]" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?SmltbXlE?= <JimmyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I've been playing games like CS and Frets on Fire now since i got my
> > computer (about a yr ago) and all's been well until recently all my
> > games are opening as a small image on the screen not in fullscreen and
> > i cant enlarge it any way. ive tried changing my resolution but i
> > didnt do anything. HELP!! :S

> Computer specs? Make? Model? Video Card Model? Audio Card Model? Monitor
> model?
>
> There's a setting in nVidia cards that makes it so if you are running a
> game in a resolution lower than what your LCD supports it won't zoom the
> image to fill the screen.
>
> If you're on nVidia, look for the nVidia control panel, there should be a
> setting in there for zooming in when displaying lower resolution images.
>
> That's a guess, without your hardware info i'm not sure whats going on
> exactly.
>
> --
> -A.

Dustin Harper

Re: Gaming Fullscreen
Try changing the resolution in game to your native LCD resolution. Don't
change the desktop resolution.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"JimmyD" <JimmyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> uhmm no inot with nVidia wtea that is my com is a Macron laptop and i
> dunno
> howto get to all that other jazz u mentioned :S
> --
> JimmyD
>

> "Andy [YaYa]" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?SmltbXlE?= <JimmyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>> > I've been playing games like CS and Frets on Fire now since i got my
>> > computer (about a yr ago) and all's been well until recently all my
>> > games are opening as a small image on the screen not in fullscreen and
>> > i cant enlarge it any way. ive tried changing my resolution but i
>> > didnt do anything. HELP!! :S

>> Computer specs? Make? Model? Video Card Model? Audio Card Model? Monitor
>> model?
>>
>> There's a setting in nVidia cards that makes it so if you are running a
>> game in a resolution lower than what your LCD supports it won't zoom the
>> image to fill the screen.
>>
>> If you're on nVidia, look for the nVidia control panel, there should be a
>> setting in there for zooming in when displaying lower resolution images.
>>
>> That's a guess, without your hardware info i'm not sure whats going on
>> exactly.
>>
>> --
>> -A.

JimmyD

Re: Gaming Fullscreen
yea tried that too, i can get it almost fullscreen but the image of my
desktop still makes the game lag a bit. i dont no wot setit off it was going
perfectly til about a week ago :/
--
JimmyD