Online FPS Rate

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Ignis

Online FPS Rate

I was getting 25-50 FPS Rate while playing BF 2142 on High settings,and
I would get like 100 ping in 64 player Assault Lines,Titan servers.So
When It was like down to 25 FPS the screen would lag.

I lowered all to medium,but my FPS didnt change =P.So is my computer
able to handle it but teh problem is with my net connection?

--
Ignis
VRG Scotty

Re: Online FPS Rate

"Ignis" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I was getting 25-50 FPS Rate while playing BF 2142 on High settings,and
> I would get like 100 ping in 64 player Assault Lines,Titan servers.So
> When It was like down to 25 FPS the screen would lag.
>
> I lowered all to medium,but my FPS didnt change =P.So is my computer
> able to handle it but teh problem is with my net connection?

Without know what spec your computer has and given the info you have I would
say it's your connection
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Ignis

Re: Online FPS Rate

Hello,the FPS did not change even if I did the settings to medium,if you
have played the game when I get in a Goliath in a 64 player Assault
Lines battle well the FPS can be as low as 20.

My Specs Are:

AMD Turion 2.10Ghz X2
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 512mb Hyper Memory
Vista 32bit (Aero is turned off)

Btw,this is Toshiba Satellite A210-1AP.

> Hello,the FPS did not change even if I did the settings to medium,if you
> have played the game when I get in a Goliath in a 64 player Assault
> Lines battle well the FPS can be as low as 20.
>
> My Specs Are:
>

> AMD Turion 2.10Ghz X2
> ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 512mb Hyper Memory
> Vista 32bit (Aero is turned off)
>
> Btw,this is Toshiba Satellite A210-1AP.

Ooooo I'd not play ever and I mean ever a battlefield game on a lappy on
high the lappy can't cut the mustard mate...however with the lag and fps
then I would still have a pop at your ISP for ping/lag...recommendations
use a PC thats well rigged for gaming...sorry but that's the truth.
--
VRG Scotty

www.vistareadygames.com
Register, it's free, and use the 'search for solution' tab for any problems

Hz

Re: Online FPS Rate
VRG Scotty wrote:
> Ooooo I'd not play ever and I mean ever a battlefield game on a lappy
> on high the lappy can't cut the mustard mate...however with the lag
> and fps then I would still have a pop at your ISP for
> ping/lag...recommendations use a PC thats well rigged for gaming...sorry
> but that's the truth.

Scotty, beam me up!

--
..::[ Hz ]::.
Ignis

Re: Online FPS Rate

yes,you are pretty right,of course the desktopPC's would have better
cooling and etc,but portability is pretty important for me.I use a
external LCD Monitor and a keyboard so lol,I use my lappy as a desktop
PC.Im not that much of a hardcore gamer,I know there are Alienwares and
Monsters but I think mine is just a decent one to run it on high.

--
Ignis
Andy [YaYa]

> yes,you are pretty right,of course the desktopPC's would have better
> cooling and etc,but portability is pretty important for me.I use a
> external LCD Monitor and a keyboard so lol,I use my lappy as a desktop
> PC.Im not that much of a hardcore gamer,I know there are Alienwares and
> Monsters but I think mine is just a decent one to run it on high.

Can't have both man, you get high end gaming from a desktop (using an
external monitor/keyboard does not make it a desktop computer), and
portability from a laptop.

There are some gaming notebooks out there, the Dell XPS line is pretty good
for games as are the Toshiba and Gateway gaming notebooks (17", not very
portable), but what you have, be happy you can run games at all.

--
-A.
Hz

Re: Online FPS Rate
Ignis wrote:
> yes,you are pretty right,of course the desktopPC's would have better
> cooling and etc,but portability is pretty important for me.I use a
> external LCD Monitor and a keyboard so lol,I use my lappy as a desktop
> PC.Im not that much of a hardcore gamer,I know there are Alienwares and
> Monsters but I think mine is just a decent one to run it on high.

Eh, why are you replying to me?!

--