FSX Installation problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

David Wong

FSX Installation problem
Please help, I have just installed Windows Vista, updated to SP1 and put in
my FSX Deluxe DVD and the following error message appears:
"Error reading initialization file"
How do I bypass this to be able to install FSX?
Andy [YaYa]

Re: FSX Installation problem
=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgV29uZw==?= <DavidWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in news:97892E49-949B-4D17-A200-088A997E9900@microsoft.com:

> Please help, I have just installed Windows Vista, updated to SP1 and
> put in my FSX Deluxe DVD and the following error message appears:
> "Error reading initialization file"
> How do I bypass this to be able to install FSX?

Most DVDs will install if you open the CD (Right-click on the CD icon and
choose Open), then find the SETUP.EXE icon and run that.

--
-A.
Col. Richard J. Hucker

Re: FSX Installation problem
David:

I'm afraid you are stuck and so am I.

Microsoft Flight Sim X is just a costly joke Microsoft is playing on us. I
spent good money for this questionable software and also bought their
Accelleration software.
I suspect that it is not software at all but simply a means to extract money
from us.The Flight Sim program seems to accept Disk one and then asks for
Disk Two. That's
where the fun begins. At the first try of Disk Two it says one of the .cab
files is corrupt and you are dead in the water. Try to load it again and it
will find another corrupt file with
the next higher number. Try a third time and it will find another corrupt
file with then again another higher number. This continues until you get so
mad you trash the software so
now you have no evidence of the costly joke. I am not a happy camper.

Good Luck,
Col. Huck

"David Wong" <DavidWong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help, I have just installed Windows Vista, updated to SP1 and put
> in
> my FSX Deluxe DVD and the following error message appears:
> "Error reading initialization file"
> How do I bypass this to be able to install FSX?

erikrock

Col. Richard J. Hucker;701134 Wrote:
> David:
>
> I'm afraid you are stuck and so am I.
>
> Microsoft Flight Sim X is just a costly joke Microsoft is playing on
> us. I
> spent good money for this questionable software and also bought their
> Accelleration software.
> I suspect that it is not software at all but simply a means to extract
> money
> from us.The Flight Sim program seems to accept Disk one and then asks
> for
> Disk Two. That's
> where the fun begins. At the first try of Disk Two it says one of the
> .cab
> files is corrupt and you are dead in the water. Try to load it again
> and it
> will find another corrupt file with
> the next higher number. Try a third time and it will find another
> corrupt
> file with then again another higher number. This continues until you
> get so
> mad you trash the software so
> now you have no evidence of the costly joke. I am not a happy camper.
>
> Good Luck,
> Col. Huck
>

> "David Wong" <DavidWong@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:97892E49-949B-4D17-A200-088A997E9900@xxxxxx> > >
> > > Please help, I have just installed Windows Vista, updated to SP1 and

> > put
> > > in
> > > my FSX Deluxe DVD and the following error message appears:
> > > "Error reading initialization file"
> > > How do I bypass this to be able to install FSX? > >

is you computer xp turned to vista?can you give me more info in your
rig?

--
erikrock

<A href="http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/flakkiss64/logo.jpg"
target=_blank><A
href="http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/flakkiss64/logo.jpg"
target=_blank>'[IMG]'
(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...iss64/logo.jpg)
David Wong

Re: FSX Installation problem
Thank you all for your help, but somehow, miraculously the installation works
now.

No idea what I did, but it worked.

"Col. Richard J. Hucker" <colhuck@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> David:
>
> I'm afraid you are stuck and so am I.
>
> Microsoft Flight Sim X is just a costly joke Microsoft is playing on
> us. I spent good money for this questionable software and also bought
> their Accelleration software.
> I suspect that it is not software at all but simply a means to extract
> money from us.The Flight Sim program seems to accept Disk one and then
> asks for Disk Two. That's
> where the fun begins. At the first try of Disk Two it says one of the
> .cab files is corrupt and you are dead in the water. Try to load it
> again and it will find another corrupt file with
> the next higher number. Try a third time and it will find another
> corrupt file with then again another higher number. This continues
> until you get so mad you trash the software so
> now you have no evidence of the costly joke. I am not a happy camper.
>
> Good Luck,
> Col. Huck

First guess, your CD/DVD drive is having problems reading discs, it may
be working ok sometimes, but not all the times.

Second guess, If you have access to another computer, try installing
your copy of the game on that system. Another possibility is the discs
aren't reading correctly. If the same problems occur, see if you can
exchange the discs for new ones. I know if you buy a copy of the game
from like Best Buy you could return the defective copies for a refund.
not many stores will let you return opened software.

Any other games exhibiting similar problems on your system? Post your
system specs here as well so we know what we're working with.

--
-A.
erikrock

'Andy [YaYa Wrote:
> ;703293']"Col. Richard J. Hucker" <colhuck@xxxxxx> wrote in
> > > >
> > > David:
> > >
> > > I'm afraid you are stuck and so am I.
> > >
> > > Microsoft Flight Sim X is just a costly joke Microsoft is playing on
> > > us. I spent good money for this questionable software and also bought
> > > their Accelleration software.
> > > I suspect that it is not software at all but simply a means to

> > extract
> > > money from us.The Flight Sim program seems to accept Disk one and

> > then
> > > asks for Disk Two. That's
> > > where the fun begins. At the first try of Disk Two it says one of the
> > > .cab files is corrupt and you are dead in the water. Try to load it
> > > again and it will find another corrupt file with
> > > the next higher number. Try a third time and it will find another
> > > corrupt file with then again another higher number. This continues
> > > until you get so mad you trash the software so
> > > now you have no evidence of the costly joke. I am not a happy camper.
> > >
> > > Good Luck,
> > > Col. Huck > >

> First guess, your CD/DVD drive is having problems reading discs, it
> may
> be working ok sometimes, but not all the times.
>
> Second guess, If you have access to another computer, try installing
> your copy of the game on that system. Another possibility is the
> discs
> aren't reading correctly. If the same problems occur, see if you can
> exchange the discs for new ones. I know if you buy a copy of the game
> from like Best Buy you could return the defective copies for a
> refund.
> not many stores will let you return opened software.
>
> Any other games exhibiting similar problems on your system? Post your
> system specs here as well so we know what we're working with.
>
> --
> -A.

wow what a technical guru,you need to read dude,exactly what i ask him
with out the crap....

--
erikrock

erikrock <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> 'Andy [YaYa Wrote:
>> ;703293']"Col. Richard J. Hucker" <colhuck@xxxxxx> wrote in

>> > extract
>> > then

>> First guess, your CD/DVD drive is having problems reading discs, it
>> may
>> be working ok sometimes, but not all the times.
>>
>> Second guess, If you have access to another computer, try installing
>> your copy of the game on that system. Another possibility is the
>> discs
>> aren't reading correctly. If the same problems occur, see if you can
>> exchange the discs for new ones. I know if you buy a copy of the game
>> from like Best Buy you could return the defective copies for a
>> refund.
>> not many stores will let you return opened software.
>>
>> Any other games exhibiting similar problems on your system? Post your
>> system specs here as well so we know what we're working with.
>>
>> --
>> -A.

> wow what a technical guru,you need to read dude,exactly what i ask him
> with out the crap....

What? Where'd this little bit of hate come from Erik? I put up a couple
suggestions and ask for system specs thinking there may be something in
Col. Huck's setup that could be causing this problem. I'm sorry I don't
see the context of what you're trying to say here? I'm looking through
my newsreader and I see any responses from you to this post.

Am I missing something? Col. Huck stated he was having problems
installing FSX when he gets to disc 2, I mean that seems like it could
be something as simple as a scratched disc. I didn't know you had to be
a "technical guru" to offer a suggestion to get his problem resolved.

I never claim to be the end all, be all of information when it comes to
this newsgroup, and if being a technical guru requires a certain level
of snideness and the need to insult people for no apparent reason then
I'd be happy to bow to your guru-ness.

That said, I am a human being, I know the Internet offers you the
marvellous freedom of being able to insult people without fear of
reprocussion, but I don't appreciate it, and I'm sure you don't either.

--
-A.
erikrock

Dude CASE CLOSE!!!!READ@@@!!!!!!

--
erikrock

> Dude CASE CLOSE!!!!READ@@@!!!!!!

Read@@@?

I don't get it. If English is a second language, feel free to express
yourself in whatever language you're most comfortable with, I have
translators here.

Like I said I must of missed what you said earlier, and I'm guessing I gave
the same information you gave and now your panties are in a bunch. I'm not
sure what this O2Stream image link is, but I'm guessing you need to get
back to work now. I think Usenet should disable all www integration. Keep
the riff-raff out. Bye Erik.

--
-A.