Saved Hold 'Em game won't go away!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

drewby doo

Saved Hold 'Em game won't go away!
i dunno if i had a bad shutdown, a BSOD, or whatever, but every time i start
up Hold 'Em, it always asks if i want to resume my saved game. it's always
the same hand, same standing, and hence i can't advnace my stats. not much of
a big deal since it's just and "extra", but the issue intrigues me. i took a
quick look around the file system and was not able to find any directory for
the game - i was hoping to delete the save file if i could find it. any
thoughts on this anamoly? thanks guys.
Paul Smith

Re: Saved Hold 'Em game won't go away!
"drewby doo" <drewbydoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news97DE235-7B3D-4D33-A1E8-6456739A2DB8@microsoft.com...
>i dunno if i had a bad shutdown, a BSOD, or whatever, but every time i
>start
> up Hold 'Em, it always asks if i want to resume my saved game. it's always
> the same hand, same standing, and hence i can't advnace my stats. not much
> of
> a big deal since it's just and "extra", but the issue intrigues me. i took
> quick look around the file system and was not able to find any directory
> for
> the game - i was hoping to delete the save file if i could find it. any
> thoughts on this anamoly? thanks guys.

Have a look in Saved Games under your User folder. It'll be in there.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

drewby doo

Re: Saved Hold 'Em game won't go away!
you truly are the man. issue resolved, thanks for helping me get rid of this
simple but annoying twitch.

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "drewby doo" <drewbydoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news97DE235-7B3D-4D33-A1E8-6456739A2DB8@microsoft.com...
> >i dunno if i had a bad shutdown, a BSOD, or whatever, but every time i
> >start
> > up Hold 'Em, it always asks if i want to resume my saved game. it's always
> > the same hand, same standing, and hence i can't advnace my stats. not much
> > of
> > a big deal since it's just and "extra", but the issue intrigues me. i took
> > quick look around the file system and was not able to find any directory
> > for
> > the game - i was hoping to delete the save file if i could find it. any
> > thoughts on this anamoly? thanks guys.

> Have a look in Saved Games under your User folder. It'll be in there.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

rwphilips@yahoo.com

Re: Saved Hold 'Em game won't go away!
You can right click on the Hold 'Em icon in the games section and
select saved games and delete what you don't want...

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:12:00 -0700, drewby doo
<drewbydoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i dunno if i had a bad shutdown, a BSOD, or whatever, but every time i start
>up Hold 'Em, it always asks if i want to resume my saved game. it's always
>the same hand, same standing, and hence i can't advnace my stats. not much of
>a big deal since it's just and "extra", but the issue intrigues me. i took a
>quick look around the file system and was not able to find any directory for
>the game - i was hoping to delete the save file if i could find it. any
>thoughts on this anamoly? thanks guys.

drewby doo

Re: Saved Hold 'Em game won't go away!
*sigh* i'm too stubborn to pick up all these vista features. i will keep that
in mind as well tho, cheers.