replay of trials

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

stratts28

replay of trials
I was just curious to know if there's any way to reset the tracking of
expired game trials. I've come across a few demo's I like but can not
justify 20 bucks for a game I will finish in a week! I've tried to search
for different download sites, but, they mostly go through the same publisher
so no more play for me Any advice would be appriciated!
--
thnx:P
Spook 13

Re: replay of trials
Let us all know please. I want to play Risk some more but times up. Cheers
http://spookpaleis.myminicity.com/ind/
Dave Cox

Re: replay of trials
=?Utf-8?B?c3RyYXR0czI4?= <stratts28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in news:85A3D8F3-B404-4E34-BEE9-0781367D2A51@microsoft.com:

> I was just curious to know if there's any way to reset the
> tracking of expired game trials. I've come across a few demo's I
> like but can not justify 20 bucks for a game I will finish in a
> week! I've tried to search for different download sites, but,
> they mostly go through the same publisher so no more play for me
> Any advice would be appriciated!

Yea! Stop being so cheap. If you like the game pay for it.
Andy [YaYa]

Re: replay of trials
Dave Cox <dcox1961@gmail.com> wrote in news:Xns9A8E8796419Cdcoxgmailcom@
207.46.248.16:

> =?Utf-8?B?c3RyYXR0czI4?= <stratts28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in news:85A3D8F3-B404-4E34-BEE9-0781367D2A51@microsoft.com:
>
>> I was just curious to know if there's any way to reset the
>> tracking of expired game trials. I've come across a few demo's I
>> like but can not justify 20 bucks for a game I will finish in a
>> week! I've tried to search for different download sites, but,
>> they mostly go through the same publisher so no more play for me
>> Any advice would be appriciated!

> Yea! Stop being so cheap. If you like the game pay for it.

I'm glad someone said it before me. I know Game Developers get decently
paid now a days, but they work hard, and some of them don't get paid that
much. Games might even cost less if more people stopped trying to cheat the
system. You've had your 20-days, if you like the game pony up the
greenbacks. If you can't justify the expenditure, uninstall and move onto
something else.

--
-A.
stratts28

Re: replay of trials

Sorry if this posts twice. I actually am referring to the 60 min trial
games like diner dash and the like. If I had a 20 day trial, I would not
have any issues believe me. And If I was referring to a highly involved game
like warcraft or risk, I would have NO problem paying 20 dollars for the full
version. I respect the game developers but like i said 20 buck for the type
of game I was talking about seems pretty steep. I am NOT cheap and do not
appriciate being called so. I thought this was a place to come for help and
advice, not to be insulted.

> Sorry if this posts twice. I actually am referring to the 60 min
> trial games like diner dash and the like. If I had a 20 day trial, I
> would not have any issues believe me. And If I was referring to a
> highly involved game like warcraft or risk, I would have NO problem
> paying 20 dollars for the full version. I respect the game developers
> but like i said 20 buck for the type of game I was talking about seems
> pretty steep. I am NOT cheap and do not appriciate being called so.
> I thought this was a place to come for help and advice, not to be
> insulted.

Well that's just it, you're playing a game where if you can't determine
it's worth buying in 5 minutes, (let alone 60 minutes,) then you're
never gonna buy it.

Honestly I think I've played Diner Dash a TOTAL of 60 minutes, and I
paid the $ for it. I will be the first to admit I am a total cheap
*******, sorry you take offense. I personally think games are WAY
overpriced now a days, espically with digital content delivery, you'd
think the prices would drop a lot. Peruse the Steam catalog sometime,
there are a lot of good deals, but they aren't any lower than where you
can get the game from other places, and in some cases they are higher.

DD is a casual game, if you haven't gotten a feel for the game after 60
minutes then you probably were not going to pay for it in the first
place, and there are ways to never have to pay for the game, but I won't
tell you how to do that on a Microsoft forum.

--
-A.
rwphilips@yahoo.com

Re: replay of trials
Most of these games save the time left in some coded version in the
registry...

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:24:00 -0700, stratts28