Civ IV

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

foxfiction

Civ IV
I have a two fold issue. First, let me say that I can not, at this time,
either play the Civ IV I have installed NOR can I uninstall it either!!
It first tells me that D3DX9_32.DLL cannot be found...re-install. I tried
that as I was given step by step instructions and nothing after restart.
THEN it alos gives me an error of 5004:0x80041f2.

So here I sit with a brand new, (less than 2 weeks old), Gateway FX7026 with
a 24" HDMI Monitor and I can't even play, or uninstall, my favorite game. I
have had no difficulties with Sins of a Solar Empire or EE.

I cannot find a live support venue for Firaxis. I am having a MAJOR back
surgery in 2 weeks and I really wish I could utilize this system while I am
laid up for 3-6 months recovering and bored.

Any help out there?

Signed,

A desperate and appreciative for help,

--
Fox
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Civ IV
=?Utf-8?B?Zm94ZmljdGlvbg==?= <foxfiction@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:7FBC5E63-72D9-49F2-BE4F-93D3D2BD80F8@microsoft.com:

> I have a two fold issue. First, let me say that I can not, at this
> time, either play the Civ IV I have installed NOR can I uninstall it
> either!! It first tells me that D3DX9_32.DLL cannot be
> found...re-install. I tried that as I was given step by step
> instructions and nothing after restart. THEN it alos gives me an error
> of 5004:0x80041f2.
>
> So here I sit with a brand new, (less than 2 weeks old), Gateway
> FX7026 with a 24" HDMI Monitor and I can't even play, or uninstall, my
> favorite game. I have had no difficulties with Sins of a Solar Empire
> or EE.
>
> I cannot find a live support venue for Firaxis. I am having a MAJOR
> back surgery in 2 weeks and I really wish I could utilize this system
> while I am laid up for 3-6 months recovering and bored.
>
> Any help out there?
>
> Signed,
>
> A desperate and appreciative for help,

Civ4 is supported by Activision.

Goto http://www.microsoft.com/Directx

Follow the links to download the latest version of DirectX. You'll get a
file (eventually) called DXWEBSETUP.EXE. Run it, Follow the prompts and
then run Civ 4. Should startup normally.

A lot of the newer DirectX 9 files do not come pre-installed with Vista,
so running DXWEBSETUP.EXE copies all the newest files off the web for
you. I run it about once every few months, so I know my system DirectX
files are up to date.

New computers <> perfect computers.

Welcome to PC gaming dude. We love driver updates, and you will too soon
enough. Resistance is Futile.

--
-A.