Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Please Advise

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2007
drybones
 

Posts: n/a
Please Advise
I would like to install Vista Home, and now have WinXP Media 2005 with SP2
and all available updates.

Playing at this time:

Oblivion
Gothic 3
NWN2
Morrowind
Lazarus
NWN Diamond
Silverfall

Question is; Will Vista Home allow me to continue with the above games, or,
is there a problem between Vista Home and any of the games?

Many thanks for reading and replying,

drybones


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2007
Newbie
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
networx is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
drybones,

most will work. If not change the compatability mode on the game shortcut.

Check out Vista Ready Games as well as your games might be mentioned.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2007
Dustin Harper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Please Advise
Not sure what video card you have, but NVIDIA drivers are still an issue on
some games. Some have no problems, others have a lot. Make sure you grab the
newest drivers as soon as you finish your install.

If you have an ATI card, it should all be good. I know Oblivion works like a
charm!

Also, vistareadygames.com is compiling a forum of what works and what
doesn't. You can ask there if your game isn't listed.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com

--
"drybones" <drybones@nospamcharter.net> wrote in message
news:ukl5jkyZHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I would like to install Vista Home, and now have WinXP Media 2005 with SP2
> and all available updates.
>
> Playing at this time:
>
> Oblivion
> Gothic 3
> NWN2
> Morrowind
> Lazarus
> NWN Diamond
> Silverfall
>
> Question is; Will Vista Home allow me to continue with the above games,
> or,
> is there a problem between Vista Home and any of the games?
>
> Many thanks for reading and replying,
>
> drybones
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2007
drybones
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Please Advise
Hi,

I did forget to mention that I am running NVIDIA 7800 GTX in SLI\and the
machine has 4GB of DDR 2 SDRAM Memory.

Also as I am (at 78 years) primarily a gamer so "think" Vista Home is
best for what I should want and still get the gaming experience when
new games are available for Vista.

Thanks for reading and replying,
drybones





"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
news:5EB39623-2AFD-4FC0-AE40-1F5D56E4B618@microsoft.com...
> Not sure what video card you have, but NVIDIA drivers are still an issue
> on some games. Some have no problems, others have a lot. Make sure you
> grab the newest drivers as soon as you finish your install.
>
> If you have an ATI card, it should all be good. I know Oblivion works like
> a charm!
>
> Also, vistareadygames.com is compiling a forum of what works and what
> doesn't. You can ask there if your game isn't listed.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "drybones" <drybones@nospamcharter.net> wrote in message
> news:ukl5jkyZHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>I would like to install Vista Home, and now have WinXP Media 2005 with SP2
>> and all available updates.
>>
>> Playing at this time:
>>
>> Oblivion
>> Gothic 3
>> NWN2
>> Morrowind
>> Lazarus
>> NWN Diamond
>> Silverfall
>>
>> Question is; Will Vista Home allow me to continue with the above games,
>> or,
>> is there a problem between Vista Home and any of the games?
>>
>> Many thanks for reading and replying,
>>
>> drybones
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2007
Dale M. White
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Please Advise
well, your have a nice hardware config, but it's teh SLI mode that Vista has
had the most trouble. In their latest Beta build of drivers, they just added
some SLI support. So with it steal being in beta, your mileage may vary.

As a gamer (half your age and so a lot less patients) I would recommend
sticking with XP for as long as you can.I still think it will be a good 6
months, before the DX10 games are in full stride and I suspect games like
Crysis and BIOshock are going to have some growing pains as well. So
Sticking with Xp another 4-6 months might save you some headaches.

I'm playing around both with the 32bit and 64 bit flavor of vista, and at
best Vista runs just a smidge behind XP. On OpenGL games like Doom3, it runs
about 25-35fps slower. Though with your hardware, you won't feel it so I
guess it doesn't matter.


"drybones" <drybones@nospamcharter.net> wrote in message
news:e8a6Yo0ZHHA.3272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I did forget to mention that I am running NVIDIA 7800 GTX in SLI\and the
> machine has 4GB of DDR 2 SDRAM Memory.
>
> Also as I am (at 78 years) primarily a gamer so "think" Vista Home is
> best for what I should want and still get the gaming experience when
> new games are available for Vista.
>
> Thanks for reading and replying,
> drybones
>
>
>
>
>
> "Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> news:5EB39623-2AFD-4FC0-AE40-1F5D56E4B618@microsoft.com...
>> Not sure what video card you have, but NVIDIA drivers are still an issue
>> on some games. Some have no problems, others have a lot. Make sure you
>> grab the newest drivers as soon as you finish your install.
>>
>> If you have an ATI card, it should all be good. I know Oblivion works
>> like a charm!
>>
>> Also, vistareadygames.com is compiling a forum of what works and what
>> doesn't. You can ask there if your game isn't listed.
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>
>> --
>> "drybones" <drybones@nospamcharter.net> wrote in message
>> news:ukl5jkyZHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>I would like to install Vista Home, and now have WinXP Media 2005 with
>>>SP2
>>> and all available updates.
>>>
>>> Playing at this time:
>>>
>>> Oblivion
>>> Gothic 3
>>> NWN2
>>> Morrowind
>>> Lazarus
>>> NWN Diamond
>>> Silverfall
>>>
>>> Question is; Will Vista Home allow me to continue with the above games,
>>> or,
>>> is there a problem between Vista Home and any of the games?
>>>
>>> Many thanks for reading and replying,
>>>
>>> drybones
>>>

>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista hardware advise John microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 11 03-02-2007 06:56
new HP laptop with Vista - Please advise Madx microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 12:39
PLEASE ADVISE - Installation taking 12 hours.... =?Utf-8?B?RGVzZXJ0d29tYW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 8 02-22-2007 03:58
Winload error - please advise =?Utf-8?B?VGlt?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 12-13-2006 13:19




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:33.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120