Vista Ultimate game emulators

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

Archivist

Vista Ultimate game emulators
Which emulators work well with Vista?

Nintendo ones, etc?
Dustin Harper

Re: Vista Ultimate game emulators
1964, zSNES... Most of them work well. I haven't tried a whole lot... MAME
works, I haven't been able to get PCSX2 work smoothly yet, but I haven't put
too much time into it.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Archivist" <Archivist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Which emulators work well with Vista?
>
> Nintendo ones, etc?

Archivist

Re: Vista Ultimate game emulators

Any good DS or Gameboy ones? I have not played those in a long time. Do I
need to run them in XP mode?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> 1964, zSNES... Most of them work well. I haven't tried a whole lot... MAME
> works, I haven't been able to get PCSX2 work smoothly yet, but I haven't put
> too much time into it.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "Archivist" <Archivist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Which emulators work well with Vista?
> >
> > Nintendo ones, etc?

Dustin Harper

Re: Vista Ultimate game emulators
I haven't tried any of the portables yet on Vista. I haven't had to run any
emulators in XP mode yet.

--

> Any good DS or Gameboy ones? I have not played those in a long time. Do
> need to run them in XP mode?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> 1964, zSNES... Most of them work well. I haven't tried a whole lot...
>> MAME
>> works, I haven't been able to get PCSX2 work smoothly yet, but I haven't
>> put
>> too much time into it.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>>

>> "Archivist" <Archivist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Which emulators work well with Vista?
>> >
>> > Nintendo ones, etc?

Archivist

Re: Vista Ultimate game emulators
Some emulators are older then others.

Like to play some old games that I purchased without having to hook it all
up to the tv again.

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> I haven't tried any of the portables yet on Vista. I haven't had to run any
> emulators in XP mode yet.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "Archivist" <Archivist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Any good DS or Gameboy ones? I have not played those in a long time. Do
> > need to run them in XP mode?
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> 1964, zSNES... Most of them work well. I haven't tried a whole lot...
> >> MAME
> >> works, I haven't been able to get PCSX2 work smoothly yet, but I haven't
> >> put
> >> too much time into it.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> dharper@vistarip.com
> >> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

Dustin Harper

Re: Vista Ultimate game emulators
I run zSNES DOS version. And 1964 for N64. The Saturn emulator was slow, but
it worked. I haven't tried it since I upgraded to a new CPU, though. I have
all my emulators so I don't have to hook up all my old systems, too. I
had a whole lot of them (Sega Master System, NES, Atari) that worked fine,
but reinstalled and haven't put some of them back.

--

> Some emulators are older then others.
>
> Like to play some old games that I purchased without having to hook it all
> up to the tv again.
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried any of the portables yet on Vista. I haven't had to run
>> any
>> emulators in XP mode yet.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>>

>> "Archivist" <Archivist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Any good DS or Gameboy ones? I have not played those in a long time.
>> > Do
>> > need to run them in XP mode?

Archivist

Re: Vista Ultimate game emulators

What do you use for the varius Gameboy ones? I remember Nesticle for the
NES a long time ago.

Visual Boy Advance:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php...oyadvance.html

Also plays GBA games.