Age of Empires III error message

microsoft.public.windows.vista.games

JPopp

Age of Empires III error message
I have installed age of empires for the second time now per tech supports
solution and still am recieving the same error message. Protection stub has
stopped working. I can not find a fix or patch to get past this message.
Any solutions?
Katy Pluta

Re: Age of Empires III error message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:14:01 -0700, JPopp
<JPopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have installed age of empires for the second time now per tech supports
>solution and still am recieving the same error message. Protection stub has
>stopped working. I can not find a fix or patch to get past this message.
>Any solutions?

Go to Control Panel ->System-> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced
Tab -> Performance -> Settings ->Data Execution Prevention tab ->
Activate "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services
only"

Then restart and try, does it help? If not what steps did you do
already?
JPopp

Re: Age of Empires III error message
Thank you so much. I am amazed that the fix was so easy. The automated
message pop-up-fix from microsoft says to do the exact opposite. You saved
my sanity.

"Katy Pluta" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:14:01 -0700, JPopp
> <JPopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have installed age of empires for the second time now per tech supports
> >solution and still am recieving the same error message. Protection stub has
> >stopped working. I can not find a fix or patch to get past this message.
> >Any solutions?

> Go to Control Panel ->System-> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced
> Tab -> Performance -> Settings ->Data Execution Prevention tab ->
> Activate "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services
> only"
>
> Then restart and try, does it help? If not what steps did you do
> already?

Skinner1@hotmail.com

Re: Age of Empires III error message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:04:34 -0600, Katy Pluta <katypluta@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:14:01 -0700, JPopp
><JPopp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I have installed age of empires for the second time now per tech supports
>>solution and still am recieving the same error message. Protection stub has
>>stopped working. I can not find a fix or patch to get past this message.
>>Any solutions?

>Go to Control Panel ->System-> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced
>Tab -> Performance -> Settings ->Data Execution Prevention tab ->
>Activate "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services
>only"
>
>Then restart and try, does it help? If not what steps did you do
>already?

Are you serious?

That's nested seven layers deep! How the hell do you find this ****? I
mean I don't have time to sit around and dig through SEVEN *******
directories in order to accidentally discover one setting to make my
current software work with some new operating system.

I went with XP Pro X64 instead of this Vista junk.... yes JUNK because
it's a stable and SUPPORTED platform. I suggest everybody else do the
same.
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Age of Empires III error message
Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote in
newshso04p73tgepd30g8293vt9ctqq6qne59@4ax.com:

> Are you serious?
>
> That's nested seven layers deep! How the hell do you find this ****? I
> mean I don't have time to sit around and dig through SEVEN *******
> directories in order to accidentally discover one setting to make my
> current software work with some new operating system.
>
> I went with XP Pro X64 instead of this Vista junk.... yes JUNK because
> it's a stable and SUPPORTED platform. I suggest everybody else do the
> same.

DEP shouldn't be disabled unless you're coding and you need to
troubleshoot something, that's why it's "SEVEN *******" clicks away.
It's not something that's supposed to be turned off unless you know what
you're doing.

These DEP options is also in XP and 2k, it's not really a Vista thing.
People just found it sometimes helps with some applications.

XP x64 is probably worse than Vista, but I'll let you find those
problems on your own. I've heard it's better, but most of the good fixes
were saved for Vista x64.

Vista is supported, unless the developer of the software you're trying
to run didn't think it was important to make sure their programs worked
with Vista. Maybe you should talk to the software developer? See if they
plan to support their programs in the future. Dev kits for Vista were
out for 2.5 years before the OS hit market. Really no excuse to not be
ready for it.

--
-A.
Firegem50

Re: Age of Empires III error message

My aoe3 doesnt work it says i cant play cause of direct 3d
plzzz help

--
Firegem50
Andy [YaYa]

Re: Age of Empires III error message
Firegem50 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in

> My aoe3 doesnt work it says i cant play cause of direct 3d
> plzzz help

http://www.microsoft.com/directx

Download the latest version of DirectX for Gamers. That will fix the
problem.

If it doesn't, then post your system specs. We aren't psychic here.

--
-A.
cerberusxx

Katy Pluta;683972 Wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:14:01 -0700, JPopp
> <JPopp@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > >
> > >I have installed age of empires for the second time now per tech

> > supports
> > >solution and still am recieving the same error message. Protection

> > stub has
> > >stopped working. I can not find a fix or patch to get past this

> > message.
> > >Any solutions? > > Go to Control Panel ->System-> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced

> Tab -> Performance -> Settings ->Data Execution Prevention tab ->
> Activate "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services
> only"
>
> Then restart and try, does it help? If not what steps did you do
> already?

i just tried this, it did not work..

any more solutions??

reply asap or reply on my email nadronlad_05@yahoo.com